2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Roomy, but Cheap!
By lilmomx2 on 05/07/07 08:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had owned this car for 13 months. It has been in the shop 2 times and I am about to bring it back in. About 2 months after we purchased this vehicle the surpentine belt came off for no apparent reason. It was not broken or stretched out and we had to have the car towed to the dealership. About 3 months ago it started rattling really loud. I took it back to the dealer. They kept it for 2 days and told me that a screw had come loose in the motor. It also rattles real loud in the back of the car, but since it is not constant I cant bring it to the dealer. I have no way of knowing when it will do it. Also, now my ignition switch is going out. My car only has $25K miles on it. The whole car is plastic.

Surprised and Pleased
By GMjoe on 12/22/06 08:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this SUV as a replacement for a rapidly declining/dead Olds. It has really surprised me how much I like it. It is great on the road, I see 22 mpg hwy and 16-18 city. The interior space is ample and very usable. I find it more usefull than my GMC long bed for many applications. This is the first car I have ever purchased that did not have any entries in the option side of the sticker. I have since added a trailer hitch and have been pleased with the towing performance with my sailboat. So far not one problem. Knock on wood!

Nice & Versatile Car for Business
By Shacker53 on 12/21/06 16:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Gave my 2003 Impala to the kids with 76,000 miles and picked up this Equinox. I work as a Mfg Rep, on the road a lot. Love the passenger fold down seat - I place my laptop on it when I'm on the road. I use Velcro on the seat and laptop to hold in place. Everybody laughs and then looks at it and agrees with the idea. Great visibility. Excellent ride. Quiet. Mileage not as good as Impala which was excellent for big car but mileage is decent. Nice compliments from friends. Car is very roomy with decent storage. Sliding rear seat is as good as advertised. This car was for sale - Red Tag - for just $18,075. Used my GM Card earnings to knock off another $1,800. Great value.

My favorite SUV
By Gail on 12/14/06 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Isuzu Rodeo and Ford Expedition. This is by far my favorite SUV. Traded in a Chevrolet Monte Carlo recently. I love this vehicle.

Very surprised
By Dana on 11/07/06 07:01 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fleet car/company car for me. I have owned Hondas for a long time and would have gotten a Toyota Camry had it been an option for me. But I tell you, I have not had this car in the dealer ever for work. 30k miles and nothing wrong? For an American car? That is unheard of. Very impressed with this car.

GM Produces fine Lemons
By Jerry on 10/31/06 23:30 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a lemon. It has been in the shop four times for the gas gauge. It does not mark right and has left me stranded a few times, and the air light has come on and was in the shop for two weeks. And the check engine light has come on twice. The car is full of rattles. I should have looked around a little more and bought a Japanese car. GM should not be allowed to build cars anymore. All it does is make US look bad with the junk that they make.

1st SUV
By Happy Owner on 09/27/06 21:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 1st SUV and I am glad of the choice I made. The Equinox is very roomy and my family just loves it.

Love this truck
By kel on 09/22/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far I am very happy with this SUV. It's very roomy. It handles well, although turning radius is not that great. The gas mileage is good considering the size. My only cons are the window controls, and the cheap cupholders.

Problems Already!
By Crystal on 08/10/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle 1 month and it has been in shop 5 times and still has rattle when I hit bumps. It is getting 14.3 mpg in town and I am told that is normal. It rides great if I don't hit any bumps. It is roomy and I like the way it is arranged inside. All in all, I need to get rid of bump and get better gas mileage or my next vehicle will be another Toyota!

All the ladies in my life have one
By Mr. G on 07/08/06 08:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the the first Equinox in 2005 for my youngest daughter attending college back east. My wife and 2 daughters liked its handling and interior room. I bought my wife hers in June 2006; and followed by another one in the second half of the month for our oldest attending college on the west coast. Now all the ladies in my life have a new Equinoxs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.