Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

100,000 miles and going strong.
By Pete63

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Nox brand new in 2006. I have had a few issues with the wheel bearings. All have been replaced within 100,000 miles. Other than that it has all been basic maintenance. The tires on my vehicle were great (lasted 95,000 miles). I had my 100k maintenance completed a few days ago, oil, trans fluid, and filters changed. Everything is still running like brand new. Would definitely purchase another Nox when the time comes.

Cargo room

Ipod port would be great.

Love Hate Relationship
By Andrew

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Like everyone else I have had issues. Just under 2 years the tires needed to be replaced. Wheel bearings were replaced under warranty and now that warranty is done need to be replaced again. There is a knock in the gas tank because something is loose. While driving on highway front console shuts off. No speedometer, tach etc. Problems with transmission. Seems to shift into neutral while driving. Cheap windshield wipers, all replaced after 2 years. Windshield chips and cracks very easily... poor design.. Headlight needed to be replaced after 3 years. Blind spots are very big and you need to be careful... Use your mirrors Key constantly sticks in ignition.

I am 6'8" tall. This car is perfect for someone my size. Very roomy great on your back. Lots of storage space. Ok gas mileage. Handles - turns well and is good in snow/ (Canadian winter) Starts very easily. I love the comfort and ease of driving. Feels sturdy on the road and makes me feel safe.

#1 Check into problems with wheel bearings. #2 Don't use such cheap tires #3 Move cup holders away from E-Brake #4 Have back seats fold flat and even with trunk area to make one large flat surface. #5 Check angle of windshield to ensure optimal #6 Put rock guard on corner of back door

Saved our lives
By Tracy

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We only had our Equinox 8 months but it was one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. For an suv it got decent mileage, around 22 hwy which is all we drove in it. It was so fun to drive until we lost control by driving a little too fast in the rain and went head on with the concrete barrier at 65mph. The seatbelts and airbags hurt but did exactly what they should. Nox's designed was great! We both walked away from an accident that should have killed one of us. The frame was rolled under but we had no major injuries. If you want something dependable and very safe buy a Nox. We are going to pick out a new one now!

Exterior looks, handling, safety

move the cupholders and make them a little stronger

Chevy equinox
By Camille

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

When I got the suv I was so excited could not wait to take it home. The only problem it was having was when it started it was making some kind of noise after 2 years then battery did go out on me and I did have to replace it the front tires have to be replace. I am not going to complain. But over all I love it.

More warranty!!!!!

Capital "U" in Utility
By Ed Butera

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

At just over 38K miles... Where this vehicle shines is it's utility: we've towed an overloaded trailer from IL to AZ and moved an 8' couch in the cabin, just to name two examples. The cabin is spacious and comfortable (minus the stiff foam in the seats) for both people and cargo; the fold-flat front seats and sliding rear bench are brilliant. It rides nice and smooth, though the suspension makes a lot of noise over bumps. Decent fuel economy, despite the outdated engine paired with an "unsure" transmission (it likes to hunt for gears on even small grades). Only problems so far have been the battery that quit and was replaced under warranty, and the squeaks and rattles that suddenly appeared.

Utility: fold-flat passenger seat and sliding rear seat, combined with 60/40 split; interior space; towing capability (for a uni-body); exterior styling;

Ditch the outdated engine; foam in the seats; improve the quality of the interior plastics; plastic wheel covers on a $23K vehicle (?!); GM needs to stop being cheap and make the roof rack cross bars and cargo cover standard.