2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Not What I Expected
By Rachel on 08/24/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox brand new expecting to drive off without having any issues. Within my first year I began having starter problems & the dealership looked it over and says it's suppose to make the grinding sound,when I turn the key, it's a safety feature..yeah right! After 4 years now, I find myself having to turn the key twice to get the engine started. After the 3rd year, I started dealing with a/c problems and once again after being in the shop twice, Chevy can't seem to fix the problem. I called GM and all they can do is file a report and have me bring it back into the shop to pay Chevy more money to try and fix the a/c problem a third time. I will be trading this bad purchase in soon!

Great Car!
By Erin on 08/16/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am very surprised to read about the problems that a lot of reviewers have had. I bought my car used from Hertz Car Sales and have not had one issue. I love the spacious inside and think that the gas mileage has been great for an SUV. It has been incredibly reliable!

Never Again
By Tony on 07/06/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This Vehicle looked sharp once I brought it home. unfortunately that's when all the issues started. Dealerships were not helpful at all. Everything had a price to fix. Interior dash lights out only lights half of the odometer/fuel gauge etc. ABS and TC light have been on for 4 years have asked to have it checked. $105.00 to look at the problem (not warrantied, should be a recall) Gas guzzler, can't get 450km's off a tank, city or highway. Turning radius poor. Going back to Honda

I miss my Equinox
By Vic on 06/19/10 21:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I wanted to spread some "good news". I had my Equinox until today when I traded it in on a mini-van because I just have too much "stuff" with my kids. I bought the LT model and I never had one problem with this truck. The back seats are amazingly comfortable and leg-roomy. The gas mileage was between 22 and 23 mpg on the highway. This SUV has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned in 25 yrs. Never stranded me. Always started. Drove great in varying weather conditions like snow and rain. I had 65K miles on mine and only changed the oil ever 3K miles.

So angry
By krissy17 on 06/04/10 20:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car brand new. A year later, the check engine light came on & the car wasn't running right. The dealer told me the coolant system needed to be replaced & kept the car for 10 days waiting for Chevy to manufacturer the parts. Since then, I've had to replace the coolant system 5 times in 4 years. I just learned that it was never the coolant system - it was the engine. 76K hwy miles & I need a new engine because Chevy failed to correctly identify the problem. I also had the car flood when it rained. I replaced the starter twice as well. Thanks a lot Chevy for making such a wonderful piece of crap!

My 2006 Chevy Equinox
By Markh1953 on 06/02/10 02:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! It gets about 27 mpg on the highway, looks great and is fun to drive. I like it enough to get another one someday in a newer model. The engine is peppy, accelerates nicely, and passing is a breeze. I am a satisfied owner!

Wouldnt recommend a GM to my enemy
By executor485 on 05/21/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

At 30,000 miles the injectors had major issues. Dealership AND GM headquarters would do nothing about it. At 48,000 miles, the timing belt cover is leaking and now the engine is making really bad noises. GM headquarters told us it would be covered, then went back on that and said we're out of luck, and coupled with the fact the dealership was rude about both situations, I'll never buy a GM product again.

Not the quailty I would have hoped for
By skybaby on 05/14/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car ran great for the first year or so. Now so far I've had three blown head gaskets. Two new heater cores, and one new water pump. And now. It doesn't want to start.

Roomy - But Costly
By Cj on 04/29/10 09:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We are a tall family and the room inside the Equinox is what attracted us to this car, and we have loved it for that reason. What we have not loved is the costly barrage of repairs that started shortly after we purchased the vehicle and have continued for the three and half years that we have owned it. I have had it in the shop for major repairs (which I am going to classify as $400 - $1,500 a pop as a major repair) 8 times while owning it. All of the repairs have been mechanical. Forking out $5,000 - $6,000 repairs for a $20,000 car is ridiculous.

Multiple Problems
By Unhappy car owner on 03/17/10 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have had multiple problems since purchasing our equinox. As stated in several of the reviews, we have had difficulty starting the vehicle at times and problems with the heater blowing cold air. Of greater concern are the seals around the vehicle doors and windows. After a heavy rain, water poured out from under the seats and the spare tire wheel well was filled with water. One of the employees from the dealership indicated that our car was the 4th that week with the same problem, including his. We paid over $600 to fix the seals. Due to this, we are know having electrical problems. This should be a recall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.