Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Roomy, but Cheap!
By lilmomx2

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had owned this car for 13 months. It has been in the shop 2 times and I am about to bring it back in. About 2 months after we purchased this vehicle the surpentine belt came off for no apparent reason. It was not broken or stretched out and we had to have the car towed to the dealership. About 3 months ago it started rattling really loud. I took it back to the dealer. They kept it for 2 days and told me that a screw had come loose in the motor. It also rattles real loud in the back of the car, but since it is not constant I cant bring it to the dealer. I have no way of knowing when it will do it. Also, now my ignition switch is going out. My car only has $25K miles on it. The whole car is plastic.

Roomy interior, very versatile.

Use higher quality materials. The body is so cheap that my husband leaned against the side and it dented. I have seen vehicles made with the same quality as this for way less money.

Great looks, good ride, poor qualities
By jhay13

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way the vehicle looks, the decent power of the engine is sufficient and the transmission performs flawlessly. I don't like that I can't check the transmission fluid level. It has poor design quality of the interior(seating stiff). The leg room is exceptional and recommended for taller people, front and back seats. It is lacking in fuel economy, I avg.18mpg, and under performs around corners and steering quality is under performing overall. It is a great riding vehicle but I get a lot of road noise from the windows. The poor design of the rubber fittings on the windows allow for a lot of slipage around the windows when you roll them up, if you roll the window down you can pullitoff

Look, power and room

Rubber window fittings that the window pushes up into, also the rear end makes quite a bit of noise when starting up, there is a series of two to three clicks upon start up and makes similar noises when going over bumps or poor quality roads. Needs serious suspension work

The Best
By flexcuffs

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Chevy Equinox has been an excellent SUV. It's a great ride, exterior is great, looks similar to the Lexus SUV. Knock on wood, no problems at all. Very roomy, great storage.

Storage, the amount of space inside of the vehicle.

Hooks for clothing should be in the back seat area for room to hang clothing, in the cargo area you my as well just lay the clothes down, they hang down way to far.

Excellent Equinox
By dchurch

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very good SUV for the money. It handles well in snow and rain and gets decent gas mileage. It rides very smooth and looks good too.

I really like the cargo area in the back. It is perfect for grocery shopping, holding luggage, tailgating, etc.

The only thing I don't like about this vehicle is the cup holders for the driver to use. They are very flimsy and difficult to fit a large soda into.

Great car, horrible turning radius
By MDxx

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car last year - Feb 2006 - and have had no problems with it. The car has been reliable and consistent. You can work a great deal on this car and definitely get your money's worth. The only downside to this vehicle is it's horrible turning radius. I never thought about a car's turning radius before buying it before, but I believe a Mac truck could u-turn easier than this vehicle.

Affordable. Lots of trunk space.

Turning radius.