Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 242 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Will buy again
By Will

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, love the comfort, quiet ride, good power, love the sliding back seat, carries 5 very comfortably. best small SUV on the market. My mom liked it so much she traded he Honda CRV for a 2008 Equinox.

New car
By webb

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently bought this vehicle so I don't have a lot of time with it. I bought it for my wife but have got to drive it a few times. When we picked it up from the dealership it was snowing, bad, but it got around great. I think that it has a very comfortable interior. So far I am very pleased with it.

Comfortable, spacious interior. AWD. Good looking vehicle.

None, haven't had it long enough.

Do not Buy
By bmiller1881

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my chevy equinox and was very excited. Untill it wouldnt start and they had to replace the battery. I have now had it for a year and a half and the car has not started over 8 times, meaning completly dead and have never had an accident. My car is currently being lemon lawed and would not ever consider buying a chevy again.

The seats are comfy thats it.

A car that works, better radio, and non cheap looking features inside.Making car heavier feels like it will tip over on some corners and perhaps and better service technicions to work on them

Nox
By rick

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Like our Equinox. Fun to drive, good mileage for it size. Looks pretty cool. Good family hauler.

Outside looks. OnStar

Tighter steering. Better parking brake lever placement

Still love it a year later.
By bretton65

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

A quick update on my Equinox. I posted July 2006. The Equinox continues to be trouble free (except for a defective turn signal stalk that was replaced under warranty)and an enjoyable car to drive. It has 14,000 miles on it now. I get 19-20 in mixed driving. I am happy with the car and highly recommend it.

Sliding middle seat. 5 speed tranny. XM radio. Smooth ride and comfortable seats.

Glad to see the addition of stability control in the 2007. Can't wait to test-drive the sport version. Put the new GM 6 speed tranny in it, although I love the 5 speed mine has.