2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
My review
By Chris on 10/04/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV in July of '05. It's a GREAT SUV! Runs great, looks great. Gas mileage isn't the best - I live in the Minneapolis area and do a lot of city driving. On average, I've been getting around 17, 18 MPG. On the highway, best I've gotten is 22-23.

Jay's review
By Jason on 10/03/05 22:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle to buy, for one who needs some room, but not too much. And it has great comfort. I'm very happy!!!

Equinox
By Lee DeArmond on 09/23/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

First I am an 84 year old man--The car is fun to drive. My 16 yr old grandson gets credit for the selection but his choice was excellent. It is used mostly around town and only short trips. For older people wanting to scale down it would be hard to beat.

Not Too Sure I Made The Right Choice
By Anne on 09/21/05 08:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the looks of the Equinox, but I'm a bit disapointed in the plain interior design. One reason I bought the Equinox was because of the stated fuel mileage, which was not true. I think I have a love hate relationship with the car overall. I love the room in the back seats but I don't ride back there. I feel they should have designed it with more room for the driver with more comfortable larger bottom stuffed seats. I can't say I enjoy the ride yet, my brand new one as been in the shop twice for a drift in the front end. I just bought it 2 weeks ago. The CD player stops when I back up almost like it is skipping. This is a second SUV for me, a major down grade from my Envoy.

Equinox
By John Campbell on 09/20/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

A nice replacement for my Jeep Cherokee. I hope it doesn't follow in the traditional Chevy style, by falling apart, and having cheap drive train components. The interior looks very nice, but it doesn't seem to be all that durable looking. It is very comfortable, and I think will deliver in the long run, but the jury is out. It took me 20 years to return to a GM product. I hope I didn't make a mistake. I paid $26k for a $30k sticker which is well equipped, including On-Star and XM radio. By the way the XM radio is really cool, but at $12.95 per month I can do without it. I know 4 people with this XM radio and none are re-newing. They need to get the price down.

MY 2006 NOX!
By Mark on 09/16/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is great, it has great everything...barely no engine noise, runs excellent. It's great on gas, better then the 2003 Pathfinder I had. A great car if you have teenaged kids, enough rear legroom for growing kids.

A Great Investment
By Courtney Bradshaw on 09/08/05 22:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV to own, and I will never drive anything else! The Equinox has great room, and feels like you are driving a car. Not to meantion the motor is very quiet.

2006 Equinox LT
By Harris on 09/01/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the Equinox's exterior, and the interior. The car is very comfortable and roomy. It's fun to drive and to own. It's a great SUV.

2005 Equinox
By Steve on 08/30/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the vehicle. It has tons of room in the front, and back seats. It is a very nice looking vehicle on the outside, but needs a little work on the inside. The interior of the doors are less than luxurious, and the sound system needs imporvement as well. Overall, for the price, it's a very good vehicle.

Warning....I should Have leased It
By Edward Caldwell on 08/28/05 11:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This FWD Equinox had a definite stability problem, swaying left to right at even speeds and level roadway. Driver and front side passenger as well as rear passenger experience " Bobble Head" feeling, not quite car sick but slightly light headed dealer checked all struts and swaybars, allegedly all OK. Steering is terrible giving the feeling of not being in control of vehicle. GM advised no recalls or service bulletins on this problem. Vehicle was traded in at only 4000 miles use for a Chrysler Pacifica and at a loss of approximately $8000.00 Lemon law not applicable because GM denies problem exists, therefore Dealer cannot repair. Friends with the AWD did not experienced any of the above.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.