Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 241 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Unhappy
By kevin

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this almost 2 years ago. Seats stain easy and don't like the noise the AWD makes. Going to need new tires. I have a couple of friends that have this and agree with me.

Looks

AWD noise and seats that don't stain that easy.

Good Value, Minor Improvements needed
By Tracy

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my company car so I'm in it a lot. It has great looks and value for the price. It is very comfortable and powerful enough. It has been very reliable so far with no major repairs. Only exception is the windshield. I think the angle makes it prone to chipping, or the glass is not good enough. I'm on my 3RD one! Overall, this is a good car for the money. Blind spots and big turning radius are the only complaints.

Rear seat is roomy--even better than larger SUVs! It's great if adults have to sit back there. Ergonomics are good-can drive for hours and not get stiff.

Turning radius is almost a safety issue it's so big. The clothes bar hooks are too narrowly spaced-I can't find a bar to fit it. Accessory outlet in front console is in a bad place-prone to liquid spillage shorting it out. Blind spots are bad- a backup camera would help.

A Waste of Engineering
By ArcadeTom

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought three identical ones for our company. So far two of the three have been very unreliable. One had the transmission completely rebuilt under warranty at 15000 and the second rebuilt at 26000. On all three the AWD is a complete joke. If you take off quickly on wet pavement you will spin the front tires for 1 or 2 seconds before the AWD engages. In snow and ice it is a complete joke. Leave it at home and drive something else. The center "console" is a joke as well as the location of the parking brake. It makes you wonder if a freshman design student came up with the plans. Really loud wind noise at speed on the highway that the dealers cannot remove.

Exterior styling is great and fuel economy for the supposed AWD is great.

Someone needs to talk with Jeep, Subaru or Ford as to how an all wheel drive system works. The console should be removed and even a cheap plastic Wal-Mart console is better than what Chevy provides.

Hate the Car
By STEVENS57701

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my equinox for 1 1/2 yrs. I've had the window molds replaced 3 times, an electrical system replaced once. The weathering on my driver's door replaced once and now my rear drive unit is being replace. Thats along with the 4 times I had to have it pulled in because I couldn't jump the battery, then the battery was replaced. I thought the car was awesome. I live in ND and in the country so snow gets impacted in places and make sthe car run funny. It doesn't do well in the cold and lots of snow. I have decided that it wasn't worth my college graduation present as many problems as I've had with it, it leaves me with an unreliable vehicle.

Will buy again
By Will

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, love the comfort, quiet ride, good power, love the sliding back seat, carries 5 very comfortably. best small SUV on the market. My mom liked it so much she traded he Honda CRV for a 2008 Equinox.