Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

A Waste of Engineering
By ArcadeTom

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought three identical ones for our company. So far two of the three have been very unreliable. One had the transmission completely rebuilt under warranty at 15000 and the second rebuilt at 26000. On all three the AWD is a complete joke. If you take off quickly on wet pavement you will spin the front tires for 1 or 2 seconds before the AWD engages. In snow and ice it is a complete joke. Leave it at home and drive something else. The center "console" is a joke as well as the location of the parking brake. It makes you wonder if a freshman design student came up with the plans. Really loud wind noise at speed on the highway that the dealers cannot remove.

Exterior styling is great and fuel economy for the supposed AWD is great.

Someone needs to talk with Jeep, Subaru or Ford as to how an all wheel drive system works. The console should be removed and even a cheap plastic Wal-Mart console is better than what Chevy provides.

Hate the Car
By STEVENS57701

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my equinox for 1 1/2 yrs. I've had the window molds replaced 3 times, an electrical system replaced once. The weathering on my driver's door replaced once and now my rear drive unit is being replace. Thats along with the 4 times I had to have it pulled in because I couldn't jump the battery, then the battery was replaced. I thought the car was awesome. I live in ND and in the country so snow gets impacted in places and make sthe car run funny. It doesn't do well in the cold and lots of snow. I have decided that it wasn't worth my college graduation present as many problems as I've had with it, it leaves me with an unreliable vehicle.

Will buy again
By Will

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, love the comfort, quiet ride, good power, love the sliding back seat, carries 5 very comfortably. best small SUV on the market. My mom liked it so much she traded he Honda CRV for a 2008 Equinox.

New car
By webb

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently bought this vehicle so I don't have a lot of time with it. I bought it for my wife but have got to drive it a few times. When we picked it up from the dealership it was snowing, bad, but it got around great. I think that it has a very comfortable interior. So far I am very pleased with it.

Comfortable, spacious interior. AWD. Good looking vehicle.

None, haven't had it long enough.

Do not Buy
By bmiller1881

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my chevy equinox and was very excited. Untill it wouldnt start and they had to replace the battery. I have now had it for a year and a half and the car has not started over 8 times, meaning completly dead and have never had an accident. My car is currently being lemon lawed and would not ever consider buying a chevy again.

The seats are comfy thats it.

A car that works, better radio, and non cheap looking features inside.Making car heavier feels like it will tip over on some corners and perhaps and better service technicions to work on them

• SUV