2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Equinox
By Denny on 01/11/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have a great experience with the Equinox. I have driven everything else on the road and this has given me the best interior room and gas mileage is great too.

Equinox Rox!!
By D-man on 01/10/06 12:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car!!! It handles well, gives you a great view of the road ahead. It looks polite and aggresive at the same time.

My Dad wants my car!
By SpchRx on 01/07/06 10:11 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! I hadn't intended to purchase another GM product, but really was impressed by this vehicle. It has an amazing amount of backseat space, even my 6'1" friend had head and leg room to spare! It handles better than my last car, very responsive and easy to drive. It's soooo quiet! It has a lot of storage room in the back. The 6 CD changer XM satellite stereo with 7 Pioneer speakers is awesome! I look forward to driving every day! I haven't been this excited about a car since my first new car!

Nice to drive, hard on gas
By Peter on 01/05/06 07:20 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Wheel bearing went in the first month. Gas mileage is pretty bad even when driven gently (approx 22 MPG HWY) Nice to drive, very comfortable, poor visibility when backing up, needs adjustable delay wipers, -window controls are not lit (hard to find at night) -handbrake is awkward to reach -gearshift is clumsy to use -great stereo (with upgrade) -excellent in snow

Great little SUV
By joy on 01/04/06 23:16 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new SUV. I test drove about 7 of the new SUV's that fell in the same size catagory. The selling point for me was the room in the back seat (made available because of the ability to move the seat back.) and I love the space in the center front that is low and almost hidden to put my purse when driving. There is loads of room inside with the backseat up and lots of additional room with both of the seats laid forward. The SUV has a very smooth ride and all of the dials on the dash are within easy reach. I would recomend the purchase of the vehicle to anyone who likes the thought of being raised up off the ground but still have the small size that makes parking a breeze.

On a trip w/ '06 Nox
By goobie on 01/04/06 16:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Have had vehicle for 7 weeks. Took trip from Colo. to Cal., went about 2400 miles r/t. Avg 21.6 mpg. Most driving was at or over 75mph on I-70 & I-15. Drove into head winds at times. Great vehicle. Comfortable. Easy, very easy, to drive. Good handling on snow packed mountain passes (in CO.) and off-road desert trails (in Ca.) didn't push it to the limit tho. Didn't need to as Nox AWD seems to have good traction control on all sorts of road conditions if it's driven reasonably. In the back of my mind the biggest concern is the long term quality of the Chinese factory built engine. Engine purrs right now, will know more in 5/6 years or so. Hopefully not my last Chevy.

1st Chevy
By Tony on 01/03/06 01:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I change vehichles every 2-3 years. This is my first Chevy(except for a '79 4x4 Cheyenne long gone). Overall I enjoy it except for an annoying "clunking" noise in the front end. Especially annoying is the high speed stability, or lack of it. At freeway speeds it tends to be quick to get away from you. I must always stay glued to the steering wheel or I tend to find myself in the next lane. I had the dealership check it out but they heard no noises nor found anything wrong. I like the vehichle in all other ways but am very disapointed at its handling on the freeways. The one other thing that I miss is a 'hook' to hang my dry-cleaning. I can't find one.

'06 Equinox
By Jmmoore02 on 12/29/05 03:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned for about three months now, my family of three thoroughly enjoy our new SUV. The styling strays from the minivan crowd and moves toward the truck-SUV group, but without the poor mileage. Ride and road noise are very agreeable and we are fans of the 17" wheel and tire combo for looks and ride characteristics. The tried and true 3400 is not a power-house in this application, but seems very peppy and is plenty for the majority of our in- town drives. The long list of standard features is a welcome treat and excellent crash safety scores justify the purchase with my family on-board. A long-time Chevy fan, I am very pleased with this new model so far.

Love my Equinox!
By Nancy Soper on 12/18/05 18:54 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2004 Toyota Highlander and I just love my Equinox...I love the cute style of it and thus far have had no problems what so ever....The stereo buttons are a bit annoying but I just dont fool around with them....

We Love Our Equinox
By Mike Dickson on 12/04/05 07:27 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We have thoroughly enjoyed our Equinox. It's fun to drive and gets plenty of looks from people (we did add some extras to ours). The stereo system is kick'n and has plenty of power to get us where we need to go, when we need to get there. I would recommend the Equinox to anyone looking for a smaller SUV that still gives you the feeling of driving a truck. The only thing I would say that GM needs to work on is the layout of their controls including the buttons on the steering column as well as the power window buttons in the center console (They are not lit at night and awkward to use). Thanks and have fun driving!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.