2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
GREAT CAR
By oleg5 on 08/04/11 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had many cars before that! my wife drives 2008 Rav4 and i had 2000 Honda CRV before that. did not had any isues with the car. got it for 6000$ with 90000km. now i have 140000$ and had replaced only back bearing. very good car! geting 22 in a city and about 24-25 on high way! my wifes Rav4(V6) getting 20 in city best!

No help from GM
By dberry8953 on 08/02/11 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

4.5 years since bought we bought our 2006 Equinox new and 47k, transmission failed on us. Torque converter failed according to the transmission repair facility. $2700 to overhaul/repair. Car is now back and running ok but request to GM for full or partial reimbursement was denied. Looks like the General has seen our last automotive purchase.

Just bought a Used 06 NOX!
By tabithaj on 05/24/11 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought an 06 Equinox with 69k miles on it. Really great price, low payments. So far it hasnt been any trouble at all. I hear a rattle somewhere in the stering column, like a small plastic piece is loose or something. I love drining it~ :-) I think I am happy so far. :-)

Nice, but a lot of problems....
By mig66 on 05/24/11 06:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car now has 76k miles on it. All of these problems started before 60k miles. Heater regulator door went out-30k miles, rear shocks-36k miles, front shocks-40k miles, starting issues since the day I bought it brand new, on fourth set of rotors and 2nd set of calipers. I have never had these kinds of brake/rotor problems with any other car I have had(Honda) and currently have(Hyundai). I change the oil every 3-5k miles and have put new tires on at 45k miles and a new battery last night.

Too many problems
By irritated2011 on 04/10/11 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car off of someone who still had all receipts from maintinence and was told that there were little to no problems. However, I'm discovering that this car isn't that great. First off- the center console. If stuff falls between the seats, have fun getting it back. Next, location of cupholders isn't great. The power jack (cigarette lighter) is in an awkward place, too. Sometimes when I start it, I have to tap the gas. Also, had brakes replaced/worked on probably 5 times, starting off with a tapping noise when stopping and a HORRIFFIC grinding noise when stopping in reverse. I've only seen one other review about that.

Worst car I have owned!
By eckabe on 03/04/11 11:33 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle new in 2007. Had to replace the battery within the first 2 months. Replaced both tires and brakes less than 40,000 miles.Taken in for oxygen sensors 3 times. Windows & moon roof leak water and air. Passenger visor broke off. Rear cup holder broken.Seats impossible to clean, stained by water even. There is a back-firing noise. Dealership told me it was normal. Difficult to start at times.Factory Pioneer speakers went out yesterday.Streering wheel locks up.Rubber seal coming off doors. I have less than 70,000 miles on it. What a hunk of junk!!!

Great Small Crossover
By delvic on 02/06/11 16:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I originally leased in May 2006. Toward the end of 2008 I started looking around to determine whether I wanted to keep my Equinox or trade it in for something else at the end of the lease. I couldn't find anything at the price with AWD, the size, and features. I have a very stipped down model, one of the few I have seen without tinted windows (I know this is an option on the LS, but most of the LS models I see still have them), but do have the Alloy wheels. I ended up purchasing my Equinox from lease since it was better than anything else I could find. I haven't had any major issues and it's still running strong! I've replaced the tires and front breaks and have about 61K miles.

Falling apart one Piece at a Timne
By maric on 01/13/11 07:32 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Heater door broke, was quoted $1500 by local GM dealership ($250 for parts and $1100 for labour plus taxes) , charged me $50.85 to diagnose the problem, car had 77,500 kms. Contacted GM repeatedly - got voice mails, never spoke to "Jane" in person. Went out of town to another GM dealer paid $750 for repair, in December in Canada you cannot drive without heat or defrost. Feel "ripped off" , now the leather upholstery is splitting. Had to replace Bridgestone tires at 45,000 kms. Not happy with GM .... inferior product and by the lack of response I have to assume that they don't really care! My experience answers the question for me "why are so many people not buying North American cars

Great starter vehicle for a family!
By sunnysideup3 on 12/14/10 09:07 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2006 Equinox used with low mileage and at a relatively decent price. We have had many vehicles in our lifetime and can definitely say it is the most reliable so far. With gas prices high in NY it makes for a more expensive daily commute. However, the expense of gas evens out when it comes to repairs and maintenance. If you take care of this vehicle it will be good to you. I believe you get out of a vehicle what you put into it. A smart buyer is an educated buyer. It is possible that if you buy from a reputable dealer- This Equinox will suit your family needs.

Poor quality
By gail on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Equinox new and have had numerous problems, such as the two visor makeup mirrors breaking off - only used several times by adults. The battery is hidden so well that I couldn't find it! Now the heater and ac doesn't work.Cost to repair a defect in a flapper is around $1000.I need the defroster for my long commute, so I guess I don't have a car for the winter. Huge front side pillars make driving in parking lots dangerous - almost ran over a pedestrian! Seats are uncomfortable, and the rear door is stiff and needs two hands to close. The CD player is picky about what it will play. Very disappointed in this car-cheap materials, overpriced vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.