Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 242 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

never again
By greg shepherd

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

OK here we go! I bought this suv used with 72,000 miles on it.About 3 days later the tracksion control went out and the dealer had to fix it on their dime.Then the starter went out then the wheel bearing went bad all before 100,000 miles.After 100,000 miles the heater totally quit working due to electrical problems .Then another wheel bearing went bad and now both strut assemleys need to be replaced and they are pricey . This suv has a lot of electrical issues .My advice would be to stay away from this suv.Chevy can't say they knew the meaning of putting pride in your work when they built this messed up suv!!!

Good for 8 years
By byrd2160@hotmail.com

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this vehicle for the first 8 years of it's life. The AWD is amazing and never once had a problem in the snow. It didn't have a lot a fancy bells and whistles but it had good basics as far a technology. But then it started to break down. After I hit 100K little things started to tear up, which I kinda expected. But then on year 7 it started to overheat. I had it worked on a handful of times and everything we tried ended up not working. Finally after several new fans the problem was solved. Then all the electrical issues started. All the lights on the panels would light up and blink randomly. Then the buttons on the radio stopped working. Then it started stalling at red lights. Then the motor locked up at 10 years old. Apparently the oil pump went out. Not a long lasting kinda vehicle.

Great vehicle
By kim gretka

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this vehicle for 5 years now, and other than standard repairs due to age, it has been wonderfully reliable. The gas mileage is great, and the leg room front and back seat is awesome.

Had it for 5 year only put on 17,000
By Micah

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Poor Quality, performance poor. Had to put a quart of oil every 500 miles. No it wasn't leaking. Been to three different mechanics all say need to break into engine, could cost upwards of four grand. Decide to put oil in when needed. Maybe it just a lemon. But will not buy Chevy brand small suv.

Big Annoying mistake
By Val

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The dealer kinda pushed this car on me cause I needed a vehicle to carry my stuff and my 70lb husky...that worked but my car has 80000 miles on it and the repairs are more than the thing's worth now. All I asked was that it gets me from point A to point B and now it over heats about every 20 minutes of driving. I see why the dealer wanted to get rid of this thing so much I NEVER WANT TO OWN ANOTHER ONE OF THESE [non-permissible content removed] AGAIN!!! they have non standard tires and a pain in butt to change the head lights and it takes forever to heat up in the winter and enjoy less than standard tire size.