Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great dependable car
By vitik

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in 2006, now approaching 110,000 miles, nothing major went wrong, one warranty repair on front wheel bearings. Great, comfortable ride on highway, huge legroom in the back seat, great utility for roadtrips or just ride to and from work. Did not expect it to last this long or this many miles, but by the way it drives and looks it may make it to 200,000!

Favorite Features

Rear seat legroom, highway handling, smooth transmission

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is pretty bad- that's the only feature that I wish to be better. Perhaps this was done on purpose to avoid rollovers from sharp turns?

nox
By realjackass

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

we purchase this vehicule 1 nov of 2010 with 77 000 km . we are today 27 nov 2013 , 3 years after with 149 000 km . we are very very sastified , we did nothing major in repair to this vehicule , change 3 bearing just missing front passenger side and replace brake ( normal maintenance) and a front end part . I did have to sand and prime and paints the rear wheel weld over the rear plastic , a lot of this model do start to rust a this area , it cost me 10 $ , overall very good suv , pretty basic nothing fancy in it .

Favorite Features

roomy

Suggested Improvements

cup holder

No major issues
By bennice2002

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I owned one of these from brand new till just about 80K miles. Over that span the car was very reliable and no major issues to speak of. It's got enough space to be practical and the engine has enough power to get out of its own way. The beams make for horrible blind spots. The stock suspension is junk and should be upgraded. The brakes warp easily. Fuel economy isn't awesome, but is consistent and predictable.

Favorite Features

Practical, roomy, good engine, predictable fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes, smaller beams to get rid of blind spots, better suspension.

Blown head gasket
By loulou8

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car good the 1st year I bought it and then I started having problems with it running hot. So I took it to the car dealership to have it checked out and they checked it and they told me it was the cooling fans wasn't working which they was. Then the replaced the fans $872.29 and put in a new thermostat included. Then they called me back and told me it was still running hot that the head gasket was blown. Is there a recall on this type of car.

GREAT CAR
By oleg5

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had many cars before that! my wife drives 2008 Rav4 and i had 2000 Honda CRV before that. did not had any isues with the car. got it for 6000$ with 90000km. now i have 140000$ and had replaced only back bearing. very good car! geting 22 in a city and about 24-25 on high way! my wifes Rav4(V6) getting 20 in city best!