Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great dependable car
By vitik

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in 2006, now approaching 110,000 miles, nothing major went wrong, one warranty repair on front wheel bearings. Great, comfortable ride on highway, huge legroom in the back seat, great utility for roadtrips or just ride to and from work. Did not expect it to last this long or this many miles, but by the way it drives and looks it may make it to 200,000!

Favorite Features

Rear seat legroom, highway handling, smooth transmission

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is pretty bad- that's the only feature that I wish to be better. Perhaps this was done on purpose to avoid rollovers from sharp turns?

nox
By realjackass

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

we purchase this vehicule 1 nov of 2010 with 77 000 km . we are today 27 nov 2013 , 3 years after with 149 000 km . we are very very sastified , we did nothing major in repair to this vehicule , change 3 bearing just missing front passenger side and replace brake ( normal maintenance) and a front end part . I did have to sand and prime and paints the rear wheel weld over the rear plastic , a lot of this model do start to rust a this area , it cost me 10 $ , overall very good suv , pretty basic nothing fancy in it .

Favorite Features

roomy

Suggested Improvements

cup holder

Very good
By mrsteady1

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable, practical vehicle. No fancy BS. This will get the job done. My commute is throught heavy traffic and the car is super reliable, gas mileage is good , not great. I ideally need more room, but due to a rough commute, this was the best choice. I have had many Chevy's over the years and they have all gone over 200k with regular maintenance.

Don't buy this car!
By mo_khan37

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a all wheel drive vehicle that was not a gas guzzler and decided to buy an American made car. First mistake was buying on emotion. Second mistake was keeping this vehicle to the point where it is not worth trading in. Poor quality with multiple issues. Motor that pushes washer fluid malfunction in year one, power moon roof in year two, rubber that holds windshield started flapping around ans was loose in year three, steering ends are now giving problems, and sensor costing $600 needs to be changed in year 6. This car has 70,000 miles and was well cared for. Yet my wife with her car that is 5 years older and has 50,000 more mile has to drive me to work in her HONDA as my car is in the shop.

Favorite Features

Initial year was good.....then all downhill. Good car if you are leasing New for 1 to 2 years

Suggested Improvements

Build a quality vehicle that is reliable. I will never, ever buy a Chevy again!

Love My Nox
By blueicezx

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Nox off of a used car lot. I seen the color and fell in love, laser blue. It had 75k on it, but purred like a kitten and no problems. I work from home, so naturally I don't drive it a lot. The few times I have taken it on long trips, 2-3 hours one way, I have been pleased. We change our own oil, and its a breeze to reset the oil light, compared to the 01 X5 BMW I traded in for it........the BMW was very costly to own, and with our economic status, we had to get rid of it. The only problem we have had with the Nox is the sunroof leaking. My husband and I are BIG DIY people, so we fixed it ourselves. YouTube is a wealth of info., no tools needed. Love it!

Favorite Features

Vehicle is easy to maintain for DIY people. Good on gas, back seat moves forward & backwards, the stock stereo sounds is awesome, 5 disc CD changer is great.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius stinks, I feel like I'm driving an 18 wheeler when trying to turn around, making a u-turn or get into various parking spots.