2006 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Great dependable car
By vitik on 08/02/14 09:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in 2006, now approaching 110,000 miles, nothing major went wrong, one warranty repair on front wheel bearings. Great, comfortable ride on highway, huge legroom in the back seat, great utility for roadtrips or just ride to and from work. Did not expect it to last this long or this many miles, but by the way it drives and looks it may make it to 200,000!

nox
By realjackass on 11/27/13 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

we purchase this vehicule 1 nov of 2010 with 77 000 km . we are today 27 nov 2013 , 3 years after with 149 000 km . we are very very sastified , we did nothing major in repair to this vehicule , change 3 bearing just missing front passenger side and replace brake ( normal maintenance) and a front end part . I did have to sand and prime and paints the rear wheel weld over the rear plastic , a lot of this model do start to rust a this area , it cost me 10 $ , overall very good suv , pretty basic nothing fancy in it .

Very good
By mrsteady1 on 05/01/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable, practical vehicle. No fancy BS. This will get the job done. My commute is throught heavy traffic and the car is super reliable, gas mileage is good , not great. I ideally need more room, but due to a rough commute, this was the best choice. I have had many Chevy's over the years and they have all gone over 200k with regular maintenance.

Don't buy this car!
By mo_khan37 on 02/17/13 06:20 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a all wheel drive vehicle that was not a gas guzzler and decided to buy an American made car. First mistake was buying on emotion. Second mistake was keeping this vehicle to the point where it is not worth trading in. Poor quality with multiple issues. Motor that pushes washer fluid malfunction in year one, power moon roof in year two, rubber that holds windshield started flapping around ans was loose in year three, steering ends are now giving problems, and sensor costing $600 needs to be changed in year 6. This car has 70,000 miles and was well cared for. Yet my wife with her car that is 5 years older and has 50,000 more mile has to drive me to work in her HONDA as my car is in the shop.

Love My Nox
By blueicezx on 08/19/12 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Nox off of a used car lot. I seen the color and fell in love, laser blue. It had 75k on it, but purred like a kitten and no problems. I work from home, so naturally I don't drive it a lot. The few times I have taken it on long trips, 2-3 hours one way, I have been pleased. We change our own oil, and its a breeze to reset the oil light, compared to the 01 X5 BMW I traded in for it........the BMW was very costly to own, and with our economic status, we had to get rid of it. The only problem we have had with the Nox is the sunroof leaking. My husband and I are BIG DIY people, so we fixed it ourselves. YouTube is a wealth of info., no tools needed. Love it!

No major issues
By bennice2002 on 08/18/12 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I owned one of these from brand new till just about 80K miles. Over that span the car was very reliable and no major issues to speak of. It's got enough space to be practical and the engine has enough power to get out of its own way. The beams make for horrible blind spots. The stock suspension is junk and should be upgraded. The brakes warp easily. Fuel economy isn't awesome, but is consistent and predictable.

Really disappointed with this car.....
By daughtryfan1 on 03/27/12 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased car used in '08 with 25,000 miles on it. Within 4 months of purchasing the car attempted to start with no key, lights flashing on/off, radio turning on/off. Luckily it was under warranty and did it at the dealer so they saw it happen. Couple months later had to repair a bearing in the front wheel. Now with 55,000 miles, I'm being told head gasket is blown. I also have a knocking noise coming from the rear, front door creeks sounds like its going to fall off. I've been hearing a rushing of water noise in the dash, and a horrible smell comes from the vents whenever I have the heat or air on. I am lucky if I get 240 miles a tank. In contact with GM, hoping they help!!

Got a Lemon
By killeremtb on 02/28/12 16:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV 2 years ago with 60K on it. It now has 102K on it. So far I have had to replace engine, $2000. The blower Door $1254. The Tires $600. The brakes $100. The Battery $100. The rear hydrolic shocks $65.00. I do not recomend this auto. Do an internet look up of "Equinox blows cold air" and see all the people who are having their door go out and costing them over $1000 to fix. Run from this vehicle do not walk away.

So many problems it hasn't left the lot!
By mzchuzluvr on 01/26/12 07:36 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle on 12/29/11. It was 70 degrees outside which is rare for December in DC. The next day I took it back because the temp dropped below 40 degrees and I realized the heat was not working. It was blowing cold air. Well, today is 1/26/12, I have my first auto payment due on 2/1/12 and I STILL do not have my car back. The mechanics at the dealership replaced the heating cord, the radiator and the water pump. Still no heat. They sent it to Chevy/GM and they replaced more cords, the head gasket (yes... the head gasket) and flushed to cooling system. Well not only does the car STILL have no heat, but the mechanic called me this morning and said now it's overheating!!! 2bcont..

Blown head gasket
By loulou8 on 11/14/11 15:29 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car good the 1st year I bought it and then I started having problems with it running hot. So I took it to the car dealership to have it checked out and they checked it and they told me it was the cooling fans wasn't working which they was. Then the replaced the fans $872.29 and put in a new thermostat included. Then they called me back and told me it was still running hot that the head gasket was blown. Is there a recall on this type of car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.