Unfortunate vehicle by General Motors
By bmduffield on
2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased a 05 Equinox in May 2006 with just under 26k miles on it. I assumed I was just in the right place at the right time and signed on the dotted line. The problems began immediately, but the real problem has been the engine. In 2008 with less than 60k miles on it the head gasket blew. GM refused to do anything, I paid 2,500 for the repair. Yesterday included, the heads have blown 4 times since purchasing. I complain to GM every.time and while they are aware of the known issue they continue to do nothing to rectify the situation. A quick internet search and you will find how common the head gasket problem is on these vehicles. I do not recommend anyone purchasing this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to take the necessary measures to rectify the vehicles that are affected by the faulty motors, gaskets and coolant used by General Motors.
By daughterof1
on 08/19/12 13:15 PM (PDT)

Wow i wish i would have read this before i bought my 2005 . 4 months since i bought it and now have the head gasket problem. I am widow and care where my money goes and this is not what I wanted. it has 70k and dont have all that money to put into a car. I really think that GM should see that real people put their hard earned money out there and dont like having to buy something that doesn;t work...