Starting problems
By mudskipper on
2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
I recently bought a 2005 Equinox. I looked for over a month and thought I got a good deal. I've had it for a week and I'm having starter problems. It turns over but takes a long time to start. This only happens about half the time. As I'm reading reviews I'm seeing this is a common problem. I would like to get it fixed while under warranty so I'm curious to know what exactly the problem is. Seeing all of these bad reviews and potential problems I am now wondering if I was wrong in buying an Equinox. Any ideas on the starting problem?
By starsmyles
on 10/01/11 08:08 AM (PDT)

I have not had my 2005 equinox long enough to actually know about this starting problem. It has been in the garage since May of this year due to power loss issues (transmission) however I noticed that it had difficulty starting when I was parked on a hill. And maybe a few times at the groccerie store - It has been too long to share these in detail with you.

By camocutie
on 10/06/11 10:47 AM (PDT)

Be careful. Next thing you know it could be sitting in the drive way not working at all like mine. Mine has went thru 2 starters due to a faulty wiring harness. No recalls on it, so out of pocket, unkown how much to fix it yet. I want to get rid of it.