Please read! Do not buy
By Tony on
2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
Chevy needs to pull all 2005 Equinoxes and fix them! The problem is the throttle actuator control module. When it goes out you vehicle won't go. All you can do is coast to a stop. My wife and daughter were almost killed because of this. If you own a 2005 Chevy equinox and this has gone wrong PLEASE call Chevy and file a complaint. If it hasn't gone out yet be careful! I researched this and there is over 500 people who have had it go out. I called Chevy and they said if they have enough complaints filed they will review and recall it. I told them about the other 500 people I read about and they said it was here say. So PLEASE PLEASE call and complain before someone dies.
Suggested Improvements
Fix this problem
By cash726
on 03/01/11 06:35 AM (PST)

My name is Samantha i am having the same problem with my 2005 equinox. I called they told me to take it in and pay 495.00 to have it looked at.The first time my truck acted up it had 75.000 miles on it. it is so scary when i was on the interstate going about 75 miles my truck jerked and just started going slow and almost came to a stop and then it jerked again and speed picked back up.today 2/1/2011 i called back they still telling me to take it in and pay 495.00 to have it looked at. i really donot know what to do.