not happy
By nothappyall1 on
2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
I bought a 2005 new. The 2nd month I had it, a part in the transmission broke. Then the lift gate lock and the CD did not work properly fixed under warranty. Just out of warranty (14 months old) side mirror switch,$40, the ABS sensor went bad, $200, Then the upper strut plates and a strut went bad, $300. Since then, the ABS sensor went bad again, both struts and upper plates replaced again $472. The wiring harness in the driver door (Which controlls the speaker, locks, alarm, and dinger) was replaced $200. The rear hub replaced $255. The paint on the interior doors and on the radio buttons is chipping off. The fabric is not easy to clean. The CD changer just broke. I did not get my $'s worth
Favorite Features
I like the rear sliding back seat. It handles well in the snow. I like to be able to fold down only half of the backseat. The front passenger seat folds down flat. (I used it as a baby changing table on road trips). I like the roof rack. I did like the CD changer until now it just broke.
Suggested Improvements
Use better parts. The Abs sensor, the upper strut plates and struts went bad twice. It would be nice to adjust the lumbar part of the drivers seat, it took me a few months to get used to it. A map light would be nice, my car has the light fixture in the middle of the ceiling and it is awkward to flip the switch. It would be nice if there was a low windshield washer fulid light. Fabric that hides stains. (I have 2 kids and 2 dogs, my fabric looks nasty now because I am not able to clean it)
By macquinox
on 11/08/11 08:07 AM (PST)

Wow. This is scary. I bought 2005 Equinox new. Still have it. Only issue I have is the "gas cap" failure thing causing error "leaking gas fumes" which is bogus. Aside from that and it is 6 years old will need tires in the spring. Has 36k miles and all I have ever done is have the fluids changed regularly. Been lucky I guess. Keeping my fingers crossed!