Looks can be deceiving....Sadly
By Numbahz23 on
2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased the car new from the dealership as a 2005 Equinox LT AWD Fully loaded with every single available feature minus the side air bags in Dec. 2004. The car looks great love the color especially laser blue metallic it looks much nicer than any other crossover on the road well for 2005 ish. Where to start problems began before I even hit 1000 miles.. I had the brakes & rotors.. replaced @ 855 miles & 3200 & 7500 from the dealer. Within 36k Brakes 5x, Cd players , window switch , faulty wiring in steering , Severe hydroplaning, alternator, bearings , rear drums. I drive very conservative with this car as I know the expenses of car repair from past experiences.
Favorite Features
Style, Altezza style tail lamps , Rim size 17" (crappy tires hydroplaned during any rain storm), AWD used to be wonderful not anymore, highway passing power, 7 speaker stereo, folding front seat. I now have 112K miles on it all highway due to long commute from new job.
Suggested Improvements
after 36k, i have had brakes ,tires, starter,battery,lights,driver side door wiring(all power failed on door), drive shaft, FLYWHEEL, and now catalytic converter costing me over 10,000 in repairs so far after warranty this car is a money sinkhole so upset with GM a lot of this was due to poor manufacturing