2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Consider another vehicle

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Consider another vehicle
By getting frustrated on

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox used with 23,000 miles on it. Was a great car did a lot of traveling in it. The car now has 93,000 miles on it and is killing me in repair costs. Transmission flush costs 300.00! No place would do it except for my dealership. Problem of hard shifting got worse and found out valves were bad in the transmission. Cost for new part 4200.00 plus labor at dealership. I got a used one at half the cost. Told this is common for this type of transmission. Brakes need replaced a lot but are fairly cheap. Key stuck in the ignition, and lots of front end work constantly needs done. Not good in the winter in the snow or rain like it used to be. Feels unsafe. Consider another vehicle.

Favorite Features

Looks great. Lots of backseat room and many compliments on it from tall people. Love the moving backseat! Ample power for size of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts. Better interior. Make common fixes cheaper to repair. Better quality radio paint. Better handling in snow and wet weather. Different tire size for more selection and hold better ratings.