Chevy not American!
By a unhappy Chevy lad on
2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
Well.. This being my first chevy and last. I never seen such a poor quality AWD; when compared to Subaru and the pricing for the vehicle. It's body does not do justice in Rain, and actually works better in the snow. We have tried 4 different kinds of tires and made no signs of improvements. The material in the vehicle is very cheap, we cannot clean it out nor get it professional cleaned. We actually had to spend another grand and updated it with leather which has been great since. THIRD, two things.. ITS NOT AN AMERICAN ENGINE! SHOCKED! and it doesn't even have a REAL BATTERY. You cannot jump this, or jump another vehicle with this SUV. It has its good days but NOW I see why GM is falling!
Favorite Features
Not very many, Mostly when its in a good mood, its actually very fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
BRAKES, AWD We test drove the brand new 2010 SUV and It has NO IMPROVEMENT. It's base off of the DISCONTINUED SATURN VUE. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!
By sydspapa
on 05/15/11 18:46 PM (PDT)

Having just traded in one of these pieces of junk, I feel your pain. However, there is a battery if you search hard enough and it can be jumped. I know because after a blown tire, 20 minutes of the Hazards being on killed the battery. It took me 20 minutes to find it but it is there, after removing 3 screws and a huge, useless plastic cover.