Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 725 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Purchase one!
By Don McMillin

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

A pleasure to drive. Styling is great. I have been very, very pleased with this SUV. PURCHASE ONE!!

Rear door design makes it very easy to enter and exit due to the increased size of door. More leg room in rear seat due to adjustable rear seat.

Gas mileage could be better.

We're Lovin' It
By We're Lovin' it

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We've only had it for 4 weeks, but it has been great. The price can't be beat in any comparable SUV. We looked as about 15 different cars and SUVs and this one was the one that caught our eye. Not just its looks, but how enjoyable it is to drive. Its power throws you back in your seat, the leather is soft, yet feels strong. My daughters enjoy the stereo. The steering is tight or loose when needed and I had to watch the tach to make sure the transmission used all 5 gears. With the driver's seat all the way back, I have plenty of leg room in the back and I am 6'4". However if you stomp on the gas, hang onto the wheel or the steering may get away from you.

6 CD changer, moon roof, 185HP 3.4 V6 engine, elec. stearing, 5 speed auto trans, 17" wheels.

Bigger gas tank or better mileage. Separate climate controls for driver and passenger or the ability to close off the vents. Fewer blind spots.

My new Car
By Meredith Webb

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Like the power and response. Radio is difficult, but not important. Cup holder in front cannot be used with emergency brake up, doesn't fit. Also, windshield is lower than the moulding around it, so when you are trying to clean the windshield with the wipers, it can only push(snow) so far and then it piles up so you cannot see, especially on the driver's side. Seats are manual, which doesn't really matter except you can only go front and back, whereas a short person like myself needs it to go up.

The facts that lights are automatic, don't need to be turned on and the door locks are also automatic. Very simple car.

Listed above

I love my car!
By ccjdb11

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have looked and admired this vehcile since it first came out!And I finally got the deal that I wanted and the car that I wanted with the features I desired! This is the only car that my husband and myself both agreed on. We went to the dealership and drove off that day! Plenty of room for 2 growing boys in the back. Looking in from the outside doesn't do it justice! My in- laws even said that from the outside it didn't look like it had much room but when they opened it up and rode they themselves were really impressed! I can't say enough about this SUV other than I waited a long time to fall in love with a car and I found it in the Equinox!

My favorite feature would be the rear- sliding seat which gives my kids more leg room as well as adults. I had a minivan before this and even it didn't have this much leg room in the back! If more room is needed to haul a large item the seats can slide all the way to the back of the front seats.

The only improvement I would recommend would be the drink holder in the front that slides from the armrest. It puts your arm in an awkward position and can collide w/the parking brake if you forget to close it before engaging the brake. To me this isn't a necessary feature for this vehicle.

Fun to Drive ! Great to look at!
By Amy

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. Easy to handle, nice looking exterior cool features. Only thing I dont like is the plastic on the rear and front bumpers, easy to scratch, must be careful parallel parking, leave a lot of room between cars. Otherwise a great choice. Much better looking and easier to handle than other SUV's in its class.

Radio song display

Better bumper guards, no more plastic or use a non scratch plastic. Too easy to scratch the vehicle if another car parks too close.