Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

I love my car!
By ccjdb11

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have looked and admired this vehcile since it first came out!And I finally got the deal that I wanted and the car that I wanted with the features I desired! This is the only car that my husband and myself both agreed on. We went to the dealership and drove off that day! Plenty of room for 2 growing boys in the back. Looking in from the outside doesn't do it justice! My in- laws even said that from the outside it didn't look like it had much room but when they opened it up and rode they themselves were really impressed! I can't say enough about this SUV other than I waited a long time to fall in love with a car and I found it in the Equinox!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would be the rear- sliding seat which gives my kids more leg room as well as adults. I had a minivan before this and even it didn't have this much leg room in the back! If more room is needed to haul a large item the seats can slide all the way to the back of the front seats.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would recommend would be the drink holder in the front that slides from the armrest. It puts your arm in an awkward position and can collide w/the parking brake if you forget to close it before engaging the brake. To me this isn't a necessary feature for this vehicle.

Fun to Drive ! Great to look at!
By Amy

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. Easy to handle, nice looking exterior cool features. Only thing I dont like is the plastic on the rear and front bumpers, easy to scratch, must be careful parallel parking, leave a lot of room between cars. Otherwise a great choice. Much better looking and easier to handle than other SUV's in its class.

Favorite Features

Radio song display

Suggested Improvements

Better bumper guards, no more plastic or use a non scratch plastic. Too easy to scratch the vehicle if another car parks too close.

I wish it had rims not plastic hub caps
By diana

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I really enjoy my new SUV but for the price I paid I should have gotten rims and not plastic hub caps. It makes the SUV look cheap. I have to pay the extra expense to put new rims and tires on it. Also one big flaw it has I had my vehicle for two days and my little sister who is 9 years old got into the back and shut the door and got her seat belt on. I heard some air and had my sister who is 33 who was sitting up front in the passenger seat check her door and then she looked in the side mirrow and noticed it was my sisters door, then I had realized that my new vehicle did not have the system for the doors, only the back hatch light up when a door is ajar. They need to fix that.

Favorite Features

Six CD changer and keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

A nicer more luxurious interior and the warning light system to light up when a door is ajar.

My New SUV
By Sandie

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle, so I am still getting used to it. So far, I love it. A lot of interior room. Comfortable to drive and ride in. I like sitting up high above most other vehicles in this class and I love that it has a great crash rating. Dual front and side curtain airbags, a must in this day and age.

Favorite Features

I like that it's a smart vehicle. Lights come on automatically at night. Radio stays on until a door is opened. Its a fun vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

I would say better interior coverings on the seats. A lot of us have dogs that travel with us. So a stronger fabric with some form of protection would be great. Also, I think that the visors could be of a better quality and just a bit larger side to side and top to bottom. Otherwise, its tops!

Great SUV without the Price
By wrkhrdr

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great things about this "small SUV" include great response in steering, quick and agile like a car (comparible to the Impala which I have also owned), and great styling, especially from looking head on.

Favorite Features

Automatic All Wheel Drive worked great in the Chicago weather. Fog Lamps are nice and bright, and the 3400 V6 is plenty of juice.

Suggested Improvements

Radio is tough to control. Floor mats are shoddy and it would be nice to have floor mat clips in the front also, because the mats get all twisted up. I would also suggest an available 3800 engine.