Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 724 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Male over 6'4'
By Lee DeArmond

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV for it's roomy interior as both my grandson (15) and I are well over six feet. A fine choice, I might add. That rear seat makes a big difference. The style both in and out are very good. ***** I AM 83 AND I LOVE IT *****

The adjustable rear seat. It's just plain fun to drive. While it's not expensive it's not plain looking either.

Steering, You need to much room to make a 180' turn. Brake pedal needs to be moved slightly to left, or just a wider pedal. cup holders, ugh. Clean up the radio control section.

Chevy
By nathan mullins

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Chevy Equinox is a stylish and comfortable ride with an affordable price tag. By far one of the best on the market.

XM radio and the AWD

Grab handles by the doors

Fun for Trip
By KMarrero

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We first saw the car at the LA Auto Show. Both my husband and I loved it! We both automatically agreed on the Lazer Blue Metallic as this is a very unusual color. We drove it over Easter weekend up to Northern California and were very impressed with its long distance fuel economy and its very smooth ride. We get a lot of stares because of the color, but we don't mind. We enjoy the car and our son thinks this SUV "Rocks".

Our favorite is the slide back second row seat. Also the cargo room with the self. This provided space for our two suitcases and extra room on top. It also kept our suitcases hidden if we left the vehicle while traveling.

Make the On-Star standard on all models of the Equinox. The one we chose did not have it already equipped. We would have liked to have included this feature. Also the directional vision that the Blazer's used to have on this vehical as well. It helps to know which direction we are going.

Equinox not what it seems
By Joe of Buffalo

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

At first we thought we had a winner, but after driving it for a while we found it not what it was cracked up to be. My son plays hockey. He's a goalie and there is not room for his equipment. The seats on trips, long and short, feel like benches at a hockey game. The controls are confusing. When we recieved the car, parts of the car in the interior were loose. There were stains all in the car, probably the dealers's fault. We wish we had purchased another vehicle!!

None

Redesign the entire interior, and car might be a winner!

Purchase one!
By Don McMillin

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

A pleasure to drive. Styling is great. I have been very, very pleased with this SUV. PURCHASE ONE!!

Rear door design makes it very easy to enter and exit due to the increased size of door. More leg room in rear seat due to adjustable rear seat.

Gas mileage could be better.