Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Bad Purchase
By Barbara

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle brand new and within 3 weeks the dealership had it for 3 weeks fixing a computer problem. Should have known a lemon but have it for 68,000 miles and it ran hot put 700 in I don't know what because 45 miles later I had to tow it to a dealership that told me $5,000 to repair I refused and called gm repeatedly and they told the dealership to fix it for 1000 had only a few days after they had it for a week the check engine came on and the power Windows messed up. I baby this car so no reason for all this trouble. Gm said it had high mileage that does not hold true for foreign cars t hat get hundreds of thousand miles. I will not purchase a gm car again and neither should you.

The stereo

The head lights sweat it leaks around the overhead lights. Just redesign and rebuild the whole thing

Consider another vehicle
By getting frustrated

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox used with 23,000 miles on it. Was a great car did a lot of traveling in it. The car now has 93,000 miles on it and is killing me in repair costs. Transmission flush costs 300.00! No place would do it except for my dealership. Problem of hard shifting got worse and found out valves were bad in the transmission. Cost for new part 4200.00 plus labor at dealership. I got a used one at half the cost. Told this is common for this type of transmission. Brakes need replaced a lot but are fairly cheap. Key stuck in the ignition, and lots of front end work constantly needs done. Not good in the winter in the snow or rain like it used to be. Feels unsafe. Consider another vehicle.

Looks great. Lots of backseat room and many compliments on it from tall people. Love the moving backseat! Ample power for size of vehicle.

Better quality parts. Better interior. Make common fixes cheaper to repair. Better quality radio paint. Better handling in snow and wet weather. Different tire size for more selection and hold better ratings.

Sorry I ever got it
By kathy52

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Car was fine for a couple of months and then the tires went bad had them replaced. Then the rotors went bad had to have them replaced. The company said the cram was manufactured wrong that is why I have to keep replacing the tires. Koons said they must be crazy that there is nothing wrong with the cam but the tires are on a slant. so you tell me

color

fix window because of the snow going deep inside the hood

Never Again
By AnnaB

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used with 23k miles and soon as I drove off lot engine light came on! After 35,000 cd player went out, brakes go out every 6-7 months, at 52k miles driver window won't go down at all. Worst car of my life. Not enough room Take my key out no lights on still continues to ding used to be able to pull key at angel to get it to stop now that won't work Chevy can't figure out what's wrong. No way to use e-brake if you need it without ruining interior and getting all sticky. Seats stain with just water being used on them. Stay away from the equinox! interior flakes with no effort. will never own again staying away from GM altogether nothing but problems from them

Sunroof

Just about everything

Do Not Buy!
By Moonbeam

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 05 brand new and could have never imagined such problems with a new car. The details are too long to list but there have been issues from the beginning ranging from engine trouble to the interior simply falling apart. Unfortunately I am stuck with this vehicle right now but unless the President of Chevy personally calls me to apologize and offers me a free vehicle I will never drive Chevy again. Please take my advice and do the same.