2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Vehicle with Space
By jackr108 on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

As my kids grow I needed a new car to grow with them. After much research and many pain staking test drives I have found a vehicle with both Style and comfort. Just a great drive for the buck!

it a chevy
By polish on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

i been around chevy trucks and suv for a long time. They all have the same feel to them. The Equinox has a total different feel to it. Look and feel of the truck is great. It has very minor fault from what i see.

Its a Hard Nox Life!
By Hard_Nox_Life on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We saw the Equinox at the NY Auto Show and fell in love. We just couldn't believe that an American made car had such great design and styling. Then the spokeswoman gave us the price and we were floored. Great looks and afordable! We were at the dealer the next and just picked up our NOX on Monday. Its better than we anticipated and its a head turner too!

Equinox but not equal
By abethecat on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Terrific Value. My first domestic vehicle in 20 years. I compared BMW X3, Volvo XC 90, Lexus 330 and Acura MDX. Although the interior is not the best appointed in the class, the exterior is a grabber. I loaded mine up to be fair with the competition. With my GM supplier discount I paid $24,455 and got $1000 truckfest rebate. I like the no hump in back for kids to get in and out easily. Fuel economy is better than average, but I was suprised my insurance co. rated it a 16. I am looking forward to take it on vacation and see how it does on a longer ride. Maybe GM is on the right track to bring back the aging yuppies!

Mother's Day Gift
By Cornejo on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 1SD package w/ upgrades (leather package, 17" wheels, xm radio). Smooth stable ride. Steering is nimble & responsive at different speeds & situations. Engine & transmission shift is smooth. Strong V6. Rear multi-level cargo shelf is useful for groceries, tailgate party, etc. Chose leather because it is more child resistant to spills & dirt. Right sized vehicle for 3-4 people + luggage. V6 engine is compact and uncluttered so there is room to inspect belts and hoses. Oil stick, brake fluid, & air filter are readily available. Made this jump back to an American vehicle for the dollar value size, quality, & performance.

By Winner on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

When Sitting in Drivers Seat, It is fairly Hard and close to the door frame, which hits you in the shoulder. Otherwise Nice Car

One Awesome SUV!
By cyberdoc95 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car is simply awesome. I was shopping (for a replacement of my 7 year-old Subaru Impreza) for almost 5 months. When I test drove it, I fell for it right away. Even though I've already seen my first choice which is the BMW X3, I still went to get the Equinox. It actually has more Cabin and cargo space and at least $10,000 less. The interior is great with all the conveniences. The dashboard is beautifully designed (streamlined and simply neatly designed). Its simply just comfortable. AC is powerful. Just a very comfortable, beautiful and powerful ride overall.

Great Car and price
By Shark on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had owned a Chev Blazer for six years had no problems with it. Decided to try EQ better ride and perfomance.

Love my NOX!
By MD66 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up my Equinox yesterday, after a ton of research. This is one slick vehicle! It rides great, it looks great, and it's a great value. I got an LT with very few options well below sticker price. I'm hard pressed to recall seeing a vehicle so roomy!

Equinox Review
By Soulman on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Good performance, good size, smooth in highways.