Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

EQUINOX OFFERS ECONOMY WITH PERFORMANCE
By JIMMY LEE

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Chevrolet Equinox that I purchased from Mission Chevrolet in El Paso, TX. Not only was the dealership ex[erience a fantastic one, but I have found that the Equinox is by far the best bang for my buck. I am a large man that requires a lot of space. However, with gas prices in the $2.25 range, I just cannot justify buying a large truck or SUV. The Equinox has given me the size, comfort and utility I desire combined with the economy that I feel I need. My Equinox is surprisingly agile and gets me into and out of Interstate traffic with ease. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for "that something special."

Economical yet powerful engine. Comfortable and luxurious leather interior. Tight turning radius while maintaining stability.

Replace the suspended arm rest with a full console that can support a large amount of weight.

Like vehicle, hate MPG
By Teresa

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I researched and reviewed this vehicle for close to a year, reading everything I could find on it, then waited and waited until it was available to purchase. VERY disappointed with gas mileage, since that was one of the most important things to me. I have the LT FWD, and got 21.5 on a trip last summer. Get about 15 around the small town where I live. I really like everything else about the vehicle, but the mileage figures are a joke! Also, the head rests on back seat hindered vision until I figured out how to remove them.

Sits high compared to a car. Rides smooth. Handles like a car. Wide back door openings make getting in and out easy.

Get rid of wind noise, high back seat head rests. Make the gas mileage be as advertised.

Equinox Rocks!
By EQUINOX ROX!

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car is very comfortable, quiet and a major eye-catcher! It seems to be the best value for an SUV of its size. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-size SUV.

I love the interior room! I am 6'7" and I fit fine in the drivers seat. I fit in the back seat too!

Parking brake gets in the way of the cup holders in the arm rest. The "command center" is a little big as it has taken some time to get used to my leg resting on it while driving. The storage shelves on the left and right rear of the vehicle take up a lot of needed hauling space.

Equinox
By stephjada

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased it about a month ago, and I love it! Great pick up! Smooth driving, no bouncing around like a truck. Though I have to agree the stereo is confusing.

I love the whole thing

Fix the confusing stereo still cant figure out how to go from CD to radio without popping the CD out.

Very Good Purchase
By Luv'n It

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The next generation SUV. We love the leather, heated seats. The radio controls are easy to use on the wheel and on the stereo. Love the bass. The power/torque this vehicle has is fabulous. I have the same engine in my Venture, but this is geared so much better. Electronic steering and transmission are amazing. Cruise is so much better than on the traditional mechanical transmission. 17" wheels make this SUV look so much better than the standard 16". All of my friends love it also.

XM, OnStar, electric steering ,and transmission. 17" wheels, 7 speakers includes a sub-woofer.

The back doors look like they will have a tendency to leak in the future. Better gas mileage. Programming phone numbers into OnStar via the web. 3 cup holders in the rear. Restrict poping the moon roof open when the slide cover is closed. Windshield radio antenna.

• SUV