Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 724 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Okay SUV
By ap21ril

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this used in 2008 with 28,000 miles and just traded it in with 52,300 miles. I liked it and thought it was fun to drive.

Features I liked were: good gas mileage, easy to drive, roomy in back seat, and the carge area could have shelves.

Problems I had: good brand tires were bald after 30,000 miles (don't drive them hard or anything)- I think being FWD it wore them down FAST, drivers window started creaking when I was rolling it back up, clunking noise occasionally under the hood that could never be recreated, and finally every 2-3 months it would not start the first (sometimes second and third) try.

2005 Box of Rocks
By rchiefari

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Front end makes all kinds of noise due to the poor quality components.
Drivers side wheel bearing/hub has blown out 3 times in two years,
air conditioner gave out --electrical - cant find the problem.
You have to remove the front chrome grill and headlamp assembly to replace a headlight --are you kidding??
Can't see out the back window when backing up.

None

They should have turned all these in during Cash for Clunkers

I Regret the day I Got this Car!
By equinoxhater

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I should have seen this car was cursed when the tire went flat at the dealer ship but no i had to get rid of my 2002 Doge Neon. That was a good little car but i needed more space. the Equinox seemed like a good choice. I regret the day i brought this car because i have only had it for 2 years and i have been in over 20 accidents and my car has been attempted to be broken into and over and over with hit and runs... also most recently there is a 5inch crack in my front bumper. I hate this car because it uses so much technology i wish i just got a 65 corvete chery bom red. These cars are crazy and are confusing i want good quality old craftmanship.

I want to get rid of this!
By nickab182

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used March 2011 w/ 53 k miles. It is now June 2011, I have 60 k miles on the car and I want to get rid of this. Thought I was getting my dream car. The day i brought it home I noticed there was a foot of water in the spare tire well. Two days later the CD player went. The next day I noticed rear break light seal and windshield seal were broke. The back cup holder and it fell apart in my hand. I replaced a front left wheel bearing one month later at 59 k. Since then I have had too many problems to list. Key comes out of ignition while running, shifter doesn't lock in place, part of top rck fell off while driving, clunks when turning, has trouble starting, lighter sockets broke, ect.

Nice blue color, very spacious

Pretty much everything.

Biggest Mistake I EVER made!!!!
By hawleyzoo

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been the biggest mistake I have ever made - have replaced brakes and rotors 4 times, control arms twice, fabric stains very easily and will NOT come clean, temp gauge has been replaced twice, have had to have tire bolts replaced every time I get tires rotated because the threads have been stripped, headlights and seals are bad ALL the time, and now my drive shaft is toast due to bad U joints. Car only has 85,000 miles on it. I should have known to not buy a Chevy when they were going under, but have learned to never buy one again.
Shoddy parts, shoddy workmanship - and they wonder why they are going under??

That it is getting ready to get traded in!!!

The ENTIRE 2005 line needs recalled and repairs done. Chevy has lost so many customers this way - hello Toyota!!