Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Love my Equinox But......
By diana408

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2005 Equinox since 2008. I love driving it but I do have one complaint..the electrical system is poor..I have had all kinds of trouble with lights..dash board lights do not work and the driving lights will not come on automatically when turned to auto..I am putting over $2000.00 into it to have the air bag light fixed and I still won't have dash lights as it would cost another $500. and I will still have to turn lights on manually...I think you really need to work on this problenm and give some type of refund for these repairs..

Recheck all electrical and make it more reliable.

Buyer Beware!!!!!
By kristinac

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox New in Feb. 2005. Loved it at first. Then it started to fall apart. Visors fall off repeatedly, buttons on Stereo faded, key stuck in ignition, wore to the point I can take it out while driving. Turns over repeatedly with no start, Dealer said the electric fuel pump might be going out, to turn key on and off and wait to start it, mind you I had only 30k miles on it. The electrical malfunctioned, on-star could not even open the doors, key wont work in drivers door. Had to tow to dealer to get into my car, Fan switch went out, heater is all or nothing, air conditioner is going out, shifts hard, and now with 100k the head gasket blew.

Love at First sight ended in heartbreak
By arwriggs

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 05 nox 6/1/04. Had recall within 2 weeks that was fixed. Had to carry it back to replace pass. interior door panel & shifter (under warr). Paint started chipping bad. Had problems w/ ignition switch. At 2 years it started going downhill. Driver power window motor/regulator, CD player, scrubbing noise which is the AWD apparently. The AC compressor went out, the interior stains with a single drop of water, the quality of materials is poor, paint chips, buttons fade. Now water pump went out & cracked heads in motor. I'm out a few thousand dollars over this. I love my Nox & am extremely heartbroken to lose her. But I should have seen this coming, these are common problems w/ this car.

This car looks great inside & out. The outside is sleek & looks nice & holds up well (excessive damage aside). The interior looks great, sleek, nicely laid out. The silver is great, but the paint flakes easily & buttons fade. The XM radio, Onstar, temp guages, CD players & power everything have been amazing until the CD stopped working & the paint got all scratched up. I love the comfortable bucket seats & how spacious the Nox can be. Lots of room in the rear & trunk & driver/pass seats are comfy and adjust nicely. Overall the appearance of this car is excellent, just needs higher quality.

Different (more durable) materials for inside door panels, shifters, consoles etc. Paint flakes & chips easily, buttons fade. Darker interior choices since light interiors stain w/ a single drop of water. This has been a big problem. More quality door handles, they seem cheap. Apparently there is a problem with the AWD that Chevy needs to address. My 05 Nox has had a scrubbing noise that appears to be "turn related" since the day I drove it home. Chevy dealer assured me there was no problem. I've mentioned this for several years. Noise get's louder & louder. Just found out it's AWD, it doesn't work in this car, Chevy knows this & has done nothing.

Please read! Do not buy
By Tony

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Chevy needs to pull all 2005 Equinoxes and fix them! The problem is the throttle actuator control module. When it goes out you vehicle won't go. All you can do is coast to a stop. My wife and daughter were almost killed because of this. If you own a 2005 Chevy equinox and this has gone wrong PLEASE call Chevy and file a complaint. If it hasn't gone out yet be careful! I researched this and there is over 500 people who have had it go out. I called Chevy and they said if they have enough complaints filed they will review and recall it. I told them about the other 500 people I read about and they said it was here say. So PLEASE PLEASE call and complain before someone dies.

Fix this problem

05 equinox
By Great SUV

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I'vr read all these problems that people have been having, i haven't seen anything, yet. The interior looks great no peeling paint. i suggest getting leather for the seats to avoid stains :)

i enjoy the heated leather seats, and the powerful stereo system. I think the sound this thing puts out is comparable to some after market systems

the only suggestion i have is a better placement for the cd holder, it's located under the arm rest which makes it difficult to get a case out while driving. And i guess the deep well at th bottom of the windshield, it will hold a lot of ice come winter time.