2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
best money I have spent on a car yet
By joe on 08/27/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I see some people had bad experiences here, you can't make everyone happy. This is an amazing car for the price and mine has over 129K miles on it! I have had autos from domestic and foriegn makes and our Equinox is incredible. The GREATS: ON STAR!!! Handling, int. space, handling in snow, exterior looks, exhaust sounds sporty. The GOODS: fuel MPG, pick up, rear seat comfort, easy to work on. Nice sound features The BAD: Front leather seats not comfortable on trips, road noise, int. plastic losing coating. OVERALL: the car is $25K with leather and all wheel drive!!! What do you expect?? We have had no problems,and this one we love!! ps.Our Honda needed a new motor and Nissan 2 tranny's so...

STAY AWAY
By CHEVYCHASE on 08/24/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car is junk. I bought it new and have had many problems. The key lock broke on drivers door. GM decided to only put one key entry on the car, how cheap is that? I can only unlock it with the remote (its great when the battery dies). Front bearings went at about 20k. Door handle came off in my hand, so open the doors very carfully on this heap. The interior finish on the dash has pealed off, it looks like it is 30 yrs old. There is actually a blind spot out the front windshield when looking across to the right caused by the window fram and the exterior mirror.

Good small suv
By cayo on 08/09/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a really good small suv. Driving it is very fun. It has a very good engine performance the 5speed trans make the ride feel very smooth. Even though some times the last gear takes a bit to long to kick in. Very Nice for long trips. Lots of space inside.

It's fine for adults
By Celia on 08/04/09 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far no major problems with the car. It has good gas mileage and what really made me buy it is its exterior appearance. It reminds me of a Lexus SUV but without the price tag.

Love My Chevy Equinox!!
By Jlhlacey on 07/29/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the process of selling my car and got a few calls on the reviews they read on here. I had to come check it out myself as I couldn’t believe it… I bought my SUV in 2005 used. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It has been an outstanding vehicle for me. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV, it’s roomy and I love how it tells me when I need to put on the traction control. The car is beautiful inside and out. My car now has 50,000 miles and I have replaced the brakes and the tires it has been a great car. I am actually having a hard time letting it go….Very roomy, great ride and handling and has been reliable. I love my chevy!!

LOVE IT!!!!!
By MAXINE FOX on 07/11/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I always envied Lexus suv's. But your only paying for the price. I purchased a used 05 w/32k miles on it (a one owner older man), with leather seats and pretty much the upgraded package (not the highest) and it's a great car. It's gold but a Nice gold. I test drove about 6 different types of suv's (comp to the equinox) and it was the nicest for the money. The car rides so smooth compared to my Ford explorer and you have a ton of room. I love the pic nic table in the back and some of the other perks that come with it. If you are in the market for a smaller yet medium size suv drive everything but the equinox then save it for last--- you are most likely going to know that it's the suv for u

Was red in color-should have been YELLOW
By Mike on 06/19/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this on 2/7/09, traded on 6/14/09. Worse care I ever bought. HAd less than 50,000 miles when I bought it and 6 weeks after purchase was hit with a $2700 repair bill. Dealership said sorry, but nothing we can do for you. I know it was a used car but this was ridiculous. Anyone considering an Equinox...think again. Traded for a 2003 Santa Fe GLS with more miles. Runs better and looks better.

Held up well in accident
By kmcknight on 06/13/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was recently in an accident where the other vehicle ran a stop light and I couldn't do anything except T-bone him. It was a perpendicular hit between the two vehicles and my car held up amazing. It will be totaled but there was no intrusion into the passenger compt. the airbags went off as they should the seatbelt performed it's job. I was able to walk away with minor injuries you'd expect from a hit of that caliber. If I'd been driving anything smaller I would not have been as lucky. Also, I was getting 23-24mpg non highway as my daily driver.

My 2005 Equinox Problems
By Mike from Buffalo on 05/22/09 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 Equinox used in 2007 with 25000 miles on it. The first problem I had with it was the ignition. The key would get stuck. Took back to dealer and they fixed it. Second thing was water in spare tire well. Rear hatch gasket was leaking. Paid $200 to have gasket & rug padding replaced. So for no more leaks. Third had rust on inside body of both rear doors. Took to dealer to show collision shop guy. He said he's never seen that rust problem on any other Equinox. Drivers side sun visor won't stay in position when it's down to block the sun, obstructs your view. I have to prop it up. Now I've got a creaking noise in front steering when I make a right turn. Who knows what will be next

Good Car
By bryan on 05/15/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this SUV used a year ago, and I have had no issues at all. I am in the military stationed in NY, and I drive to VA about every four months. Great for long trips. Good fuel economy. Great everyday driving car. Only issue I have had is battery placement.