2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Was okay until...
By MeatMan on 10/05/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I drive about 80 miles a day plus trips and really had no probs until now. Driveshaft bearing went out and supposedly damaged the CV joint. Still in the shop because apparently this is common. Was great thru Cleveland winter, even got me up the drive in 6" of snow with new Yoko tires. Still too many recurring and issues from the posts I've read. Maybe I'll trade in & get a Buick. I'll not by foreign.

I hated this vehicle!
By judy on 09/08/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 horrible winters I wanted a vehicle with better clearance. I was driving a VW Golf (which I loved!) The Equinox had 35,000 miles on it when we bought it. The interior was soiled and we couldn't get it clean. We immediately had to replace the shocks and struts. The first time we used the air conditioning it stopped working after 20 minutes and needs a new compressor @ $500. You can't hear the radio because of the outside noise and every time I turned right it made a horrible noise! Plus it has some bad blind spots. After 6 months we traded it in. My confidence in this car was zero.

best money I have spent on a car yet
By joe on 08/27/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I see some people had bad experiences here, you can't make everyone happy. This is an amazing car for the price and mine has over 129K miles on it! I have had autos from domestic and foriegn makes and our Equinox is incredible. The GREATS: ON STAR!!! Handling, int. space, handling in snow, exterior looks, exhaust sounds sporty. The GOODS: fuel MPG, pick up, rear seat comfort, easy to work on. Nice sound features The BAD: Front leather seats not comfortable on trips, road noise, int. plastic losing coating. OVERALL: the car is $25K with leather and all wheel drive!!! What do you expect?? We have had no problems,and this one we love!! ps.Our Honda needed a new motor and Nissan 2 tranny's so...

STAY AWAY
By CHEVYCHASE on 08/24/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car is junk. I bought it new and have had many problems. The key lock broke on drivers door. GM decided to only put one key entry on the car, how cheap is that? I can only unlock it with the remote (its great when the battery dies). Front bearings went at about 20k. Door handle came off in my hand, so open the doors very carfully on this heap. The interior finish on the dash has pealed off, it looks like it is 30 yrs old. There is actually a blind spot out the front windshield when looking across to the right caused by the window fram and the exterior mirror.

Good small suv
By cayo on 08/09/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a really good small suv. Driving it is very fun. It has a very good engine performance the 5speed trans make the ride feel very smooth. Even though some times the last gear takes a bit to long to kick in. Very Nice for long trips. Lots of space inside.

It's fine for adults
By Celia on 08/04/09 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far no major problems with the car. It has good gas mileage and what really made me buy it is its exterior appearance. It reminds me of a Lexus SUV but without the price tag.

Love My Chevy Equinox!!
By Jlhlacey on 07/29/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the process of selling my car and got a few calls on the reviews they read on here. I had to come check it out myself as I couldn’t believe it… I bought my SUV in 2005 used. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It has been an outstanding vehicle for me. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV, it’s roomy and I love how it tells me when I need to put on the traction control. The car is beautiful inside and out. My car now has 50,000 miles and I have replaced the brakes and the tires it has been a great car. I am actually having a hard time letting it go….Very roomy, great ride and handling and has been reliable. I love my chevy!!

LOVE IT!!!!!
By MAXINE FOX on 07/11/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I always envied Lexus suv's. But your only paying for the price. I purchased a used 05 w/32k miles on it (a one owner older man), with leather seats and pretty much the upgraded package (not the highest) and it's a great car. It's gold but a Nice gold. I test drove about 6 different types of suv's (comp to the equinox) and it was the nicest for the money. The car rides so smooth compared to my Ford explorer and you have a ton of room. I love the pic nic table in the back and some of the other perks that come with it. If you are in the market for a smaller yet medium size suv drive everything but the equinox then save it for last--- you are most likely going to know that it's the suv for u

Was red in color-should have been YELLOW
By Mike on 06/19/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this on 2/7/09, traded on 6/14/09. Worse care I ever bought. HAd less than 50,000 miles when I bought it and 6 weeks after purchase was hit with a $2700 repair bill. Dealership said sorry, but nothing we can do for you. I know it was a used car but this was ridiculous. Anyone considering an Equinox...think again. Traded for a 2003 Santa Fe GLS with more miles. Runs better and looks better.

Held up well in accident
By kmcknight on 06/13/09 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was recently in an accident where the other vehicle ran a stop light and I couldn't do anything except T-bone him. It was a perpendicular hit between the two vehicles and my car held up amazing. It will be totaled but there was no intrusion into the passenger compt. the airbags went off as they should the seatbelt performed it's job. I was able to walk away with minor injuries you'd expect from a hit of that caliber. If I'd been driving anything smaller I would not have been as lucky. Also, I was getting 23-24mpg non highway as my daily driver.