Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 725 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Brake Issues
By chevy_lady

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 chevy equinox and havent had any troubles other than the ABS light and TC light coming on and staying on. My brakes now pump against me when i am trying to stop and also I have to give it gas to help it start up. The ABS sensor has to be replaced.

Please help me!
By elizabeth3578

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in april 2012. its an '05 chevy equinox. ive had it for 5 months now and it has been in the shop 5 times. The first time was the day after i got it for an alignment. The second time was because my brakes would fail, not stop and vibrate/jerk. I would have to push really hard on the brake to actually stop. the abs light would come on and my traction control would turn off. the car would be out of control and not stop. I took it to one of DT's shops and they supposeably fixed it. not even a week later, the brakes wouldnt work and the abs light/traction control light came on. i took it back to the shop and this
time the people at the shop were jerks. said nothing was wrong and to basically drive until i crash it or dont drive at all. left the shop drove approximately 2 miles the abs light/traction control light came on. took it right back. they said oh there is a problem. they replaced the abs sensor. got it back a week later and they said it was fixed. once again right when it got out it drove fine but not even a week later the brakes would not work. i got fed up with DT that i went a month without doing anything. the car was getting so bad that i took it to a different shop. they replaced the abs sensor again. got it back still the same problem. took it back they changed the driver side hub assembly. got it out was okay then week later back in the shop. this time it was the brake module sensor or something like that. got it back about three weeks ago and still having the same problem but its worse now. i cant tell you how many times ive almost been in a accident its ridiculous. what can i do? can anyone help me figure out how to get rid of this car?

my equinox
By min8828

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

i really happy with my equinox is 2005 and I bougth it in FL with 30.000 m , the only problem i m having is the i need to hit the gas pedal to start the engine , i have 129.000 miles now .
its good suv .

sounds, sattelite radio

DON'T DO IT!!!!
By jones1124

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This was the worst car I have ever owned. After 68k my serpentine went, the gas mileage was awful, the all-wheel drive in the snow was garbage,and I went through six headlights. Now, my car was paid free and clear after approx 2 1/2 yrs of ownership, but I still traded in for an '09 Honda Civic,and I could not be happier so far!!
Bottom line is stay away from this vehicle. The Equinox, and my previous Chevy, have made me swear off American originated cars period

Buyer beware...
By bocakin12

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with how pretty this car was immediately.
It came with all the bells and whistles, and after years of driving a straight forward Focus, I had to have it.
Even after reading the reviews on this site about how sketchy the Equinox could be, I thought "that won't be me."
Ohhhh but it is.
Two weeks after I bought it the check engine light was one, never to leave.
The airbag light quickly followed.
Followed by two brake jobs, the starter issue mentioned so many times by other users, and who knows what is next.
Cannot wait to trade it in after paid off.
Such a shame because it still is so pretty...

Color, exterior design, heated leather seats, and all the room! Such a nice SUV, works well in the snow.

The brakes, the starter, the check engine light which I'm told is a gas cap problem. So many things. So frustrated.