2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Just got rid of this car...
By sydspapa on 05/15/11 18:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We had purchased this vehicle used with 19,000 miles on it in 2007. I immediately realized it needed brakes and rotors. Electrical system was whacky, started would run and run when you tried to start it. Buttons wore badly and paint rubbed off the dash and interior badly as well. Last straw was a flat tire that took 4 hours to get off due to it being rusted to the car. The only good thing was that the dealership liked the features and it only had 53,000 miles on it which made a nice 6k down payment on a new Dodge Journey R/T. Bye Bye Equinox...

Love my Equinox But......
By diana408 on 03/03/11 08:02 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2005 Equinox since 2008. I love driving it but I do have one complaint..the electrical system is poor..I have had all kinds of trouble with lights..dash board lights do not work and the driving lights will not come on automatically when turned to auto..I am putting over $2000.00 into it to have the air bag light fixed and I still won't have dash lights as it would cost another $500. and I will still have to turn lights on manually...I think you really need to work on this problenm and give some type of refund for these repairs..

Buyer Beware!!!!!
By kristinac on 02/22/11 12:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox New in Feb. 2005. Loved it at first. Then it started to fall apart. Visors fall off repeatedly, buttons on Stereo faded, key stuck in ignition, wore to the point I can take it out while driving. Turns over repeatedly with no start, Dealer said the electric fuel pump might be going out, to turn key on and off and wait to start it, mind you I had only 30k miles on it. The electrical malfunctioned, on-star could not even open the doors, key wont work in drivers door. Had to tow to dealer to get into my car, Fan switch went out, heater is all or nothing, air conditioner is going out, shifts hard, and now with 100k the head gasket blew.

Love at First sight ended in heartbreak
By arwriggs on 01/04/11 11:26 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 05 nox 6/1/04. Had recall within 2 weeks that was fixed. Had to carry it back to replace pass. interior door panel & shifter (under warr). Paint started chipping bad. Had problems w/ ignition switch. At 2 years it started going downhill. Driver power window motor/regulator, CD player, scrubbing noise which is the AWD apparently. The AC compressor went out, the interior stains with a single drop of water, the quality of materials is poor, paint chips, buttons fade. Now water pump went out & cracked heads in motor. I'm out a few thousand dollars over this. I love my Nox & am extremely heartbroken to lose her. But I should have seen this coming, these are common problems w/ this car.

Please read! Do not buy
By Tony on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Chevy needs to pull all 2005 Equinoxes and fix them! The problem is the throttle actuator control module. When it goes out you vehicle won't go. All you can do is coast to a stop. My wife and daughter were almost killed because of this. If you own a 2005 Chevy equinox and this has gone wrong PLEASE call Chevy and file a complaint. If it hasn't gone out yet be careful! I researched this and there is over 500 people who have had it go out. I called Chevy and they said if they have enough complaints filed they will review and recall it. I told them about the other 500 people I read about and they said it was here say. So PLEASE PLEASE call and complain before someone dies.

05 equinox
By Great SUV on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I'vr read all these problems that people have been having, i haven't seen anything, yet. The interior looks great no peeling paint. i suggest getting leather for the seats to avoid stains :)

Looks can be deceiving....Sadly
By Numbahz23 on 09/02/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car new from the dealership as a 2005 Equinox LT AWD Fully loaded with every single available feature minus the side air bags in Dec. 2004. The car looks great love the color especially laser blue metallic it looks much nicer than any other crossover on the road well for 2005 ish. Where to start problems began before I even hit 1000 miles.. I had the brakes & rotors.. replaced @ 855 miles & 3200 & 7500 from the dealer. Within 36k Brakes 5x, Cd players , window switch , faulty wiring in steering , Severe hydroplaning, alternator, bearings , rear drums. I drive very conservative with this car as I know the expenses of car repair from past experiences.

Bad Purchase
By Barbara on 07/25/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle brand new and within 3 weeks the dealership had it for 3 weeks fixing a computer problem. Should have known a lemon but have it for 68,000 miles and it ran hot put 700 in I don't know what because 45 miles later I had to tow it to a dealership that told me $5,000 to repair I refused and called gm repeatedly and they told the dealership to fix it for 1000 had only a few days after they had it for a week the check engine came on and the power Windows messed up. I baby this car so no reason for all this trouble. Gm said it had high mileage that does not hold true for foreign cars t hat get hundreds of thousand miles. I will not purchase a gm car again and neither should you.

Consider another vehicle
By getting frustrated on 07/20/10 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox used with 23,000 miles on it. Was a great car did a lot of traveling in it. The car now has 93,000 miles on it and is killing me in repair costs. Transmission flush costs 300.00! No place would do it except for my dealership. Problem of hard shifting got worse and found out valves were bad in the transmission. Cost for new part 4200.00 plus labor at dealership. I got a used one at half the cost. Told this is common for this type of transmission. Brakes need replaced a lot but are fairly cheap. Key stuck in the ignition, and lots of front end work constantly needs done. Not good in the winter in the snow or rain like it used to be. Feels unsafe. Consider another vehicle.

Sorry I ever got it
By kathy52 on 06/19/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Car was fine for a couple of months and then the tires went bad had them replaced. Then the rotors went bad had to have them replaced. The company said the cram was manufactured wrong that is why I have to keep replacing the tires. Koons said they must be crazy that there is nothing wrong with the cam but the tires are on a slant. so you tell me