Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

need help, ac problems
By cindysue2

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The ac on my 2005 equinox not working right. You turn the ac on and it doesn't get cold. I had it checked and was told it needed a new ac compressor, so I had a new one put on. Still didn't fix it. We discovered the fans weren't turning on to push the cold air out. I bought a pressure switch, put that on, they come on now but still not pushing cold out. It's like they are not turning fast enough. No one knows what to do with it. I'm tired of spending money & it not getting fixed. Anyone have any ideas?

Wiring harness issues
By jngavin

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I recently have been having issues with the windows not working. Or working intermittently. Also have a buzzing in the radio. I did a google search and discovered a few comments pertaining to the wiring harness between the door and the body. The harness in this area is prone to breaking. I figured what the heck. I removed the rubber boot and to my surprise I found 5 wires broken. I wish now that I hadn't spent the money on a new window motor. I'm now trying to find a way to get in there and repair the wires. I'm a bit afraid to look at the other 3 doors. If this has been a longtime issues with design, it should've been fixed while it was still under warranty. We bought it brand new.

Install a higher quality wiring harness.

Please help me!
By elizabeth3578

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in april 2012. its an '05 chevy equinox. ive had it for 5 months now and it has been in the shop 5 times. The first time was the day after i got it for an alignment. The second time was because my brakes would fail, not stop and vibrate/jerk. I would have to push really hard on the brake to actually stop. the abs light would come on and my traction control would turn off. the car would be out of control and not stop. I took it to one of DT's shops and they supposeably fixed it. not even a week later, the brakes wouldnt work and the abs light/traction control light came on. i took it back to the shop and this time the people at the shop were jerks. said nothing was wrong and to basically drive until i crash it or dont drive at all. left the shop drove approximately 2 miles the abs light/traction control light came on. took it right back. they said oh there is a problem. they replaced the abs sensor. got it back a week later and they said it was fixed. once again right when it got out it drove fine but not even a week later the brakes would not work. i got fed up with DT that i went a month without doing anything. the car was getting so bad that i took it to a different shop. they replaced the abs sensor again. got it back still the same problem. took it back they changed the driver side hub assembly. got it out was okay then week later back in the shop. this time it was the brake module sensor or something like that. got it back about three weeks ago and still having the same problem but its worse now. i cant tell you how many times ive almost been in a accident its ridiculous. what can i do? can anyone help me figure out how to get rid of this car?

Okay SUV
By ap21ril

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this used in 2008 with 28,000 miles and just traded it in with 52,300 miles. I liked it and thought it was fun to drive.

Features I liked were: good gas mileage, easy to drive, roomy in back seat, and the carge area could have shelves.

Problems I had: good brand tires were bald after 30,000 miles (don't drive them hard or anything)- I think being FWD it wore them down FAST, drivers window started creaking when I was rolling it back up, clunking noise occasionally under the hood that could never be recreated, and finally every 2-3 months it would not start the first (sometimes second and third) try.

2005 Box of Rocks
By rchiefari

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Front end makes all kinds of noise due to the poor quality components. Drivers side wheel bearing/hub has blown out 3 times in two years, air conditioner gave out --electrical - cant find the problem. You have to remove the front chrome grill and headlamp assembly to replace a headlight --are you kidding?? Can't see out the back window when backing up.

None

They should have turned all these in during Cash for Clunkers