2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Trouble since i got it
By bosslady443 on 01/23/12 12:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my chevy from a local dealership here in Sumter, South Carolina..from the day that i picked it up from the dealership a week after i purchased it. Well problem 1. check engine light keeps appearing 2. the temperature gage keep fluctating 3. when shifted into reverse it rattles... I am so ready to take this vehicle back to the dealership..i do believe that it will only get worse. Please HELP if there is anyone else out there who have been experiencing these issues, your assistance is greatly appreciated

not happy
By nothappyall1 on 10/15/11 14:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2005 new. The 2nd month I had it, a part in the transmission broke. Then the lift gate lock and the CD did not work properly fixed under warranty. Just out of warranty (14 months old) side mirror switch,$40, the ABS sensor went bad, $200, Then the upper strut plates and a strut went bad, $300. Since then, the ABS sensor went bad again, both struts and upper plates replaced again $472. The wiring harness in the driver door (Which controlls the speaker, locks, alarm, and dinger) was replaced $200. The rear hub replaced $255. The paint on the interior doors and on the radio buttons is chipping off. The fabric is not easy to clean. The CD changer just broke. I did not get my $'s worth

Starting problems
By mudskipper on 09/13/11 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2005 Equinox. I looked for over a month and thought I got a good deal. I've had it for a week and I'm having starter problems. It turns over but takes a long time to start. This only happens about half the time. As I'm reading reviews I'm seeing this is a common problem. I would like to get it fixed while under warranty so I'm curious to know what exactly the problem is. Seeing all of these bad reviews and potential problems I am now wondering if I was wrong in buying an Equinox. Any ideas on the starting problem?

I Regret the day I Got this Car!
By equinoxhater on 07/20/11 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I should have seen this car was cursed when the tire went flat at the dealer ship but no i had to get rid of my 2002 Doge Neon. That was a good little car but i needed more space. the Equinox seemed like a good choice. I regret the day i brought this car because i have only had it for 2 years and i have been in over 20 accidents and my car has been attempted to be broken into and over and over with hit and runs... also most recently there is a 5inch crack in my front bumper. I hate this car because it uses so much technology i wish i just got a 65 corvete chery bom red. These cars are crazy and are confusing i want good quality old craftmanship.

Love my Equinox But......
By diana408 on 03/03/11 08:02 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2005 Equinox since 2008. I love driving it but I do have one complaint..the electrical system is poor..I have had all kinds of trouble with lights..dash board lights do not work and the driving lights will not come on automatically when turned to auto..I am putting over $2000.00 into it to have the air bag light fixed and I still won't have dash lights as it would cost another $500. and I will still have to turn lights on manually...I think you really need to work on this problenm and give some type of refund for these repairs..

Sorry I ever got it
By kathy52 on 06/19/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Car was fine for a couple of months and then the tires went bad had them replaced. Then the rotors went bad had to have them replaced. The company said the cram was manufactured wrong that is why I have to keep replacing the tires. Koons said they must be crazy that there is nothing wrong with the cam but the tires are on a slant. so you tell me

My wife's decision without me
By Doug Canady on 01/18/10 19:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We just spent over $1400 on engine repairs when all the oil changes were done regularly and we used full synthetic oil which I swear by. I have never had a vehicle need such repairs and I've owned over 9 vehicles that were not cared for quite as well as this one. My truck has more miles and is older and never needed such work. This is a poor vehicle. Handle like a lawnmower.

I will buy another Equinox
By jungledj on 10/29/09 00:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the most comfortable vehicles I have owned. I usually trade every 3 yrs. This equinox has me sold. I've had foreign cars & trucks. They all seem to have a rough ride & outside noise. This equinox is quiet & takes bumps smoothly. I used it in a courier service for the first 2 years. I routinely take it on long trips. 10 months ago I drove it from Sacramento to LA down I-40 to Amarillo up to Pueblo and back to Sac via hwy 50. Temps outside ranged from 5 to 80 degrees depending on location. Plenty of power for the mountains. Not one problem with this vehicle. I don't work for GM and I'm not being paid to write this. Never had a problem. My next car will be an Equinox or Terrain.

Love My Chevy Equinox!!
By Jlhlacey on 07/29/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the process of selling my car and got a few calls on the reviews they read on here. I had to come check it out myself as I couldn’t believe it… I bought my SUV in 2005 used. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It has been an outstanding vehicle for me. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV, it’s roomy and I love how it tells me when I need to put on the traction control. The car is beautiful inside and out. My car now has 50,000 miles and I have replaced the brakes and the tires it has been a great car. I am actually having a hard time letting it go….Very roomy, great ride and handling and has been reliable. I love my chevy!!

My 2005 Equinox Problems
By Mike from Buffalo on 05/22/09 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 05 Equinox used in 2007 with 25000 miles on it. The first problem I had with it was the ignition. The key would get stuck. Took back to dealer and they fixed it. Second thing was water in spare tire well. Rear hatch gasket was leaking. Paid $200 to have gasket & rug padding replaced. So for no more leaks. Third had rust on inside body of both rear doors. Took to dealer to show collision shop guy. He said he's never seen that rust problem on any other Equinox. Drivers side sun visor won't stay in position when it's down to block the sun, obstructs your view. I have to prop it up. Now I've got a creaking noise in front steering when I make a right turn. Who knows what will be next