Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Don't buy this car!!!
By Cindi Mooney

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Theyou decided know a different kind of transmission with no dipstick so you cannot add or check the levels, so you have to take it to a tranny shop or dealership which runs you $250 just to change it...but...then the transmission fails anyhow... $3000 to put a new one in...by this time the car is not even worth that much!!! Biggest regret was buying the stupid thing!!

disappointed
By pstrickland

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

purchased used, after trading in what we thought was our excellent condition money pit trailblazer. not so sure we did the right thing here. sure I paid lots on some repairs to the trailblazer over the last 3 yrs but I know what was done and it was an amazing vehicle. wouldn't hesitate driving it out of state. this equinox on the other hand, I'm not so sure I'm willing to drive it across town! went to family dinner, came home and the entire car was shaking and sounded like my tires were about to fall off. I've had it to the dealer more times than I've had it in my driveway. purchased less than a month ago and its been there more than its been home with us. I'm really upset and fear for our family's future on this - dealers screwing families daily has got to stop! if selling a car to make a buck is more important to you than the safety of another human being, then you're a worthless individual.

My equinox
By Jared

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I see many complaints of the equinox. I have owned mine for 7 yrs now bought it with 35000 mls now has 156000. I haven't had to do any major maintenance on it til now having to replace the head gasket. I put almost 700 mls a week on it and have had nothing but being happy with its performance and reliability. My wife also feels the same. So whether it be ppl not performing their own at home maintenance of a vehicle, changing its oil and just learning their vehicle with its sound and handling and knowing when something is wrong is their fault. I love my Equinox and would not hesitate to buy another

Brake Issues
By chevy_lady

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 chevy equinox and havent had any troubles other than the ABS light and TC light coming on and staying on. My brakes now pump against me when i am trying to stop and also I have to give it gas to help it start up. The ABS sensor has to be replaced.

DON'T DO IT!!!!
By jones1124

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This was the worst car I have ever owned. After 68k my serpentine went, the gas mileage was awful, the all-wheel drive in the snow was garbage,and I went through six headlights. Now, my car was paid free and clear after approx 2 1/2 yrs of ownership, but I still traded in for an '09 Honda Civic,and I could not be happier so far!!
Bottom line is stay away from this vehicle. The Equinox, and my previous Chevy, have made me swear off American originated cars period