Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Expect the expected
By David in Delaware

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

You will have these issues, expect them - fuel pump, head gasket, center driveshaft bearing, misfire. Our '05 Escape 4 cyl has been a Much better vehicle.

UPDATE On My Previous Post. MarThe_RN23 Now At 140K And Loving It!!!! Worth The Minor Issues If You Have Reasonable Mechanic Trust Worthy Mechanic!
By marthe_rn23

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Since My Last Post I Did Have The Entire Engine Rebuilt... Since The Rebuild I Have Put 40K On It In 1 Year, I So Have Grown To Love It, Drove It Cross Country Several Times And It Has Never Left Me Stranded, I Have Been Following The Maintenance Schedule 2The T, Transmission Flushes, Coolant Flushes, Simi Synthetic Oil Changes. Also A New Catalytic Converter, Rear Shocks, Front Brake Pads And Wheel Bearings, Air Filterx2, Cabin Air Filter, Driver Headlight, Passenger Head Light Wires Burned Out {Current}. A/C Condenser, Radio &Though It Seems Like Alot They Have Been Really Cheap Fix's, Since Its Paid For I Think Its Worth It! Also My Passenger Seat Doesn't Recline Any One Know What To Do?

Speaker System, AWD Drive Is Amazing I Don't Ever Get Stuck In The Harsh Winters Of Buffalo NY!!!! Also Parts Are Very Cheap And Reliable Off Of Ebay With Fast Delivery, I Have Ordered Every Part For My Car From There Including The Driver Mirror {POWER} Brand New Which Only Cost Me $30 Bucks, A/C Condenser Brand New In Box $50, Head Light Brand New $100 Front Impact Sensor $108 Brand New... Catalytic Convertor $98 Oh Did I Mention NO TAX And FREE Shipping... Colored Replacement keyless Entry Remote $4 Bucks Yes FOUR Bucks I Got Blue!!! Front Wheel Bearings $78 For Set! Rear Shocks $42 Deals You Can't Beat #EBAY

I Mean They Don't Make Them Like This Any More Lol!!!

Reliable car
By el68lie

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Equinox new in 2005. Have owned it for almost 10 years. We have pretty low mileage on the car; just over 60,000 miles, but we have had minimal problems with this vehicle. Had a head gasket early on, but other than that it has been just maintenance. Change the tires, change the oil every 3,000. One tune up. I am not a fan of the drive train set up. The wheel base is set back so the car does not turn tightly at all. Don't care for the set up of the console between the front seats. Everything falls down along the seats and you can't get you hand down there easily. Not a good design. Don't like the cup holders. Cheap. Otherwise, good reliable car.

Sunroof, leather seats, back seat slides up and back for passengers. Good cargo room. Seats fold down.

Fix the turning radius. The back hatch is heavy and is hard to maneuver when you have your hands full. Need electronic assist on the opening. Maybe that is done on later models.

need help, ac problems
By cindysue2

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The ac on my 2005 equinox not working right. You turn the ac on and it doesn't get cold. I had it checked and was told it needed a new ac compressor, so I had a new one put on. Still didn't fix it. We discovered the fans weren't turning on to push the cold air out. I bought a pressure switch, put that on, they come on now but still not pushing cold out. It's like they are not turning fast enough. No one knows what to do with it. I'm tired of spending money & it not getting fixed. Anyone have any ideas?

Wiring harness issues
By jngavin

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I recently have been having issues with the windows not working. Or working intermittently. Also have a buzzing in the radio. I did a google search and discovered a few comments pertaining to the wiring harness between the door and the body. The harness in this area is prone to breaking. I figured what the heck. I removed the rubber boot and to my surprise I found 5 wires broken. I wish now that I hadn't spent the money on a new window motor. I'm now trying to find a way to get in there and repair the wires. I'm a bit afraid to look at the other 3 doors. If this has been a longtime issues with design, it should've been fixed while it was still under warranty. We bought it brand new.

Install a higher quality wiring harness.