2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

CRUZE this A+ Review
By Fred Bailey

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

A whirlwind 15 months of owning my 2015 Chevrolet Cruze. Just hit 20,000 miles and not one problem. My son and I have made at least 6 trips to Sul Ross State Univ which is nearly 400 miles one way, and one simply Must trust their vehicle while traveling west Texas. In June, we commenced a long road trip (6,000) miles, which had us in New Mexico (from San Antonio), Utah, Arizona, Nev, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Colorado, Kansas, back to Arizona and home. Traveling scenic highways and byways and generally being in places where Trust is a key element of being out there. I'm a large man, 6' 250 lbs. I feel as comfortable in this auto as any I've ever known, which includes a buick park avenue. Gas mileage is great, service at dealership is great (Ancira Chevrolet), the car handles wonderfully, and do Know-This Chevy Cruze WANTS to go Fassssst. You take your eye off the speedometer and you'll be going faster than the speed limit. It wants to go. Oh, we super loaded this vehicle to get my son to college Aug 16. There wasn't an inch left in space. The trunk is quite spacious. Back seats? I'd hate to sit back there. To date, I've never had anyone in the back seat but I didn't buy it to haul kids around in. There is only 2 problems I find with this auto, one I read about before buying it. When you accelerate, there's a hiccup in the gettyup. No problem for me. A problem for me is that there seems to be an larger Blind Spot than usual looking over my right shoulder. Same on left side, so one simply must be extremely careful and tooo trusty of just the mirrors. As an addendum, from day one, I've never missed a chance to ask a Cruze owner how they like their car. Specifically, the 2015. To my surprise, I've recently ran into 2 people that had nothing but problems from the get go, but most of my inquiries are as positive as mine. Change your oil every 5-6,000 miles, you'll do well with this one.

Never Again
By T. Buress

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

It's the cheapest, most shoddily built vehicle you can buy

3 Recalls and counting
By Polo

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Water pump replaced two times in less than a year- (Recall), transmission problems around 24K miles going to the dealer for the second time. Electrical problems- you lose power in your entire internal instruments while driving – Recall.

Nice looking car, very comfortable when driving, but is not a reliable at all.

Owned Three
By Jon Crosby

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought my third Chevy Cruz and first 1LT. My 2012 and 2014 were LS models. While I enjoyed them overall, I missed having cruise control and the engine was sluggish when passing on two lane rural highways. In contrast, the 1LT is very peppy. I immediately felt the difference on my test drive. I'm also very pleased with the amenities: heated mirrors, Pioneer Stereo, WiFi, Blue Tooth, sun roof, etc. These cars are very well appointed. Most importantly, I had absolutely no mechanical issues with the previous two, and am very optimistic about my new 2016. The only criticism is the poor trade-in value. In any event, I highly recommend this wonderful car.

Great decision
By Joshua

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

In July of 2015 I found I found myself on the hunt for a new car. I needed something cheaper as a new car was not in the budget. I purchased a 2015 Cruze LS from Sunrise Chevrolet in Memphis, TN. This is a smaller car then what I have been used to but I have gotten used to it. I am so shocked that a base model has so much technology. I love the hands free Bluetooth, the XM Radio, OnStar... all of it! During the free OnStar / XM trial I realized that I had not programmed radio channels as I never used the radio. XM is GREAT! The Navigation thru OnStar is simply amazing! I read a review that one person said they were not even getting 30mpg on the highway... I am. In fact, With my cruise set to 70 on the highway I average about 38mpg. That in itself is awesome!
I have been so pleased with this car. 8 months into ownership, I am so happy I made this decision. I bought mine new and the GM warranty and 2 yr service at no cost was a pleaseant surprise. GM, you did well! Now, I want the new body style!