Used 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - Consumer Reviews

Diesel 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

cruze td (totaly doomed)
By h127x

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have owned my 14 cruze td for 16 months now. I have had numerous nox sensors and 02 sensors replaced. I have had the diesel particulate filter replaced also. on average the car has been in my dealer shop about every 3 months since having owned it. I often wonder how many other owners have had the same sensors replaced as often as myself. I like the car but with they would just fix the issues permanently. As of 9/22/16 I have contacted general motors and my dealership about buy back assistance or replacement neither have offered an acceptable offer. I strongly urge others to stay clear of this lemon. its general motors diesel fiasco again just like the 80'S

Cruze Diesel Problem Child
By Marconquistador

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I did not see an option for diesel in the Edmund's drop down, so I selected a gas option just to write a review about my 2014 Cruze Diesel. I bought the car new in 2014. Within the first few thousand miles I had warranty work done. After about a year, the car has been in the shop constantly. The warranty work usually takes a week by the time the tech dows the diagnistics, parts are ordered, etc. Some of the same parts keep getting replced. As of now, my tags are expired (registration is paid) because the car will not pass Smog in CA because the engine light is on. Emission parts keep being replaced, and the light keeps comming on. The support for Chevy diesels is aweful, atleast for the Cruze in my area. The car has less than 30k miles. I am suposed to pick it up today, but they want me to drive it for 100 miles before they try to Smog it just to see if the engine light comes on again. I had to get a TOP from DMV.

2014 Cruze diesel Best mpg in my life! Fantastic!
By Al

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We have owned this car since Oct. 2014. It has done a mix of driving with some long road trips. getting 60 mpg with the low rolling resistance tires in the summer was a fantastic plus. But we have also seen 44 mpg mixed city driving. It goes down when we change to winter tires for driving conditions in Minnesota but is still 3 to 8 mpg above the EPA "estimates". The only way to get the mileage under 25 is letting it idle in the winter with the heat on while waiting for someone in a store! Getting into the car is a little difficult for a 6'2" tall man, it reminds me of my exotic sports car I used to own, but once in the car it is great! The handling is something other small car owners dream about for the engine gives the car just the right amount of weight. Acceleration is great for an economy car plus braking is great. the steering is a little twitchy at freeway speed but the driver is supposed to be paying attention at higher speed! I like the parking assist and backup camera. I have loaded all kinds of stuff in to the car through the backseat, even 8 foot 2 x 4's and 10 foot pipe. back seat room behind me is just not there. But it is ok when my wife is driving. I found when I was shopping cars in 2014 that this was the most comfortable inside for a large man. We have the leather interior and all the options but the price of the car new was not at all high. About $8k under the infamous car company that lied about their diesels. Chevy is up front about what the owner should do for maintenance and we like the 2 years free oil changes. I was waiting for a car that would get over 30 mpg in mixed city driving and our average of 38 is great. I knew I wanted either electric or diesel and diesel won in every way.

Concern Customer
By darnellf5@gmail.com

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Purchase 2014 Cruz Diesel in 2014. Five months after purchase the check engine light came on, I thought this was odd. Well, I have had my car service 10 times. Spoke with GM about the problem but have not received support. Please reconsider before you buy.Maybe all the Chevy Cruz Diesels are not alike but I ended up with a bad one. I have had a Chevrolet car before with no issues.

Don't buy this CAR!!!
By Customer

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have had my car in the shop 10 times. GM and the dealership have not been a help. There are issues with the 2014 and nobody wants to admit it. I regret buying this car.