2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I Really Do Like This

2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

1LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

I Really Do Like This Car
By dhpnet on

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am 6' 3" tall and 240 lbs, and this car feels roomy and comfortable to me, but the seats are too hard! The beam suspension is not as nice as independent suspension, but it handles well for a compact. Everything feels very solid and much higher quality than other compacts I have owned. One big issue for me is that when the doors are unlocked then so is the trunk and anyone on the street, or the valet, can open the trunk by just pressing a button on the lid. Also, there is no lock or latch on the gas lid. The premium pioneer stereo isn't that great. All of the sound seems to come out of the center speaker in the dash. My Bose SoundLink sounds better. Overall, I really like this car so far.

Favorite Features

The sunroof is great. I love the bluetooth. I also like that the computer controls are very simple, and that you can easily customize almost any setting on the car.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy should add a Valet mode and a key lock to the trunk so that I can feel safe about putting stuff in the trunk. There should also be a latch or lock on the gas lid. Add some padding to the seats. Add HD Radio to the infotainment system. Add a smartphone holder, like a cup holder.
By dhpnet
on 08/15/14 20:26 PM (PDT)

6 MONTH UPDATE: I have had the car for 6 months now, and really like this car even more now than I did when I first wrote this review. The seats have become very comfortable as they have broken in. The Pioneer Premium is an amazing stereo once you learn how to tune it correctly. It is the best stereo I have ever owned in a car. The car is also super quiet inside on the road. Almost no road noise at all. The Cruze feels very solid on the road. The car has plenty of power, and when the turbo kicks in, it takes off like a rocket. No similar size car has been able to keep up with me after the turbo spools up. I have owned a lot of cars, and this is the best car I have ever owned. My coworker purchased a Civic at about the same time, and his Civic is not nearly as nice as my Cruze, and even he said so. I would definitely buy this car again, and I would increase my ratings above if Edmunds allowed me to edit my original post.