2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
You will badly regret it
By funruffian on 01/16/15 06:54 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a company car which I am mandated to drive via my position. If I had a choice I would dump this thing in the deep blue sea. The seating is terribly uncomfortable and lacks any scrupulous ergonomic measures. The car is powered by a weak 4 cylinder, 1.4L engine that sounds like a lawn mower. I dread having to get in and out of this car every morning. The doors are heavy and do not have a rest fulcrum which allows users to get in and out comfortably without the heavy door slamming into your leg. The aesthetics are ok, mainly the interior and dashboard are the only redeeming qualities in this bucket of bolts. It lacks any unique beauty or style. MPG is a solid 30.

RUN...don't walk...RUN AWAY FROM THIS JUNK
By cruzesux on 12/29/14 20:37 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife wanted this car. Bought April, 2014. Now December, 2014. She loved the look of it and the sticker showed some good numbers for fuel consumption. The first 5000 miles or so got about 31 mpg steady. After that we are lucky to see 26. Same route and speed to work. The car accelerates on it's own. The rpm's rev all the way up and the car bucks away. You need to pay attention and hit that brake! Dealer says, "no problem found". There are interior gaskets and moldings coming off. Dealer shoved them back on and they are coming off again. Newest problem is the car keeps stalling and doesn't want to start. Have an appointment to bring it in again in two days, if it starts.

Reluctant Cruze owner
By oldtimer59 on 12/23/14 01:45 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I must confess that the Cruze was not my first choice. I came to the Chevy dealership looking at the malibu, but things quickly begin to fall apart on the deal. So I had to regroup and the salesman introduce the cruze as an possibility. First, the deal was right, secondly, after the test drive I was surprised at how it performed and how it looked to the eye. Needles to say I am a cruze owner and looking for this car and driver relationship to last.

First Compact I've Ever Purchased
By rampy on 11/09/14 13:50 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I never owned a compact before but after driving a Cruze on a recent business trip I knew it was time to buy one. I'm 6'0" and find the Cruze a comfortable car that has been delivering 30 MPG city/highway mileage. I always thought compacts would be noisy and have a cheap feel to them. I'm certainly very happy with the Cruze and the cost of less than $20K. Even my wife a staunch import fan really likes the Cruze. I would recommend this car to family and friends.

Very mediocre
By funruffian on 08/04/14 21:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

What can you expect from a company vehicle? If you see a car simply as an appliance,it's not bad. But if you are looking for a sedan with comfort and performance, shop somewhere else. The Cruze is pretty lousy. The car is underpowered for a sedan weighing over 3,000 pounds. If you are going 70 MPH on the highway and step on the accelerator, hoping to pass up another car, this thing is a dog. You are better off getting a Corolla for a little better price and better MPG. Only 29 MPG is not very rave fuel economy for a car with only 138 HP. Worst yet are the seats. it's like sitting on a cement park bench. Everyone at my company who drives this car complains about the discomfort.

not great ,but ok
By bischy on 07/18/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

i bought the ltz, which i thought everything would come standard on, i was sorry to learn if i wanted a sun roof or spoiler, that would be an extra charge, and they put these puny splash guards on the car and charge you 170 .00,for things that barely even do the job, yes the car has a lot of room, i have been getting 35 mph with just about all highway driving. the radio is not worth the price either, if you drive in highway traffic with the window down, you can barely hear what's on the radio, i have been a Chevy owner for 24 years, next car i get will not be a Chevy!!!

20K and Counting
By vod on 06/16/14 10:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased in July 2013 and just turner 21,000 miles. I'm 6'2", 205 lbs. and ergonomics are outstanding: seats, leg room, convenient controls, short throws on manual transmission. Suspension is excellent for low priced sedan. Decent performance in 3rd - 6th. Excellent gas mileage. Generally 33 - 35 mpg in mixed driving (70 - 30 highway vs. city). Can squeak out 40 on 4 lanes with cruise set at 60 - 62. However, prefer to cruise 75 - 80. Cabin is quiet; little road or wind noise.

Hands down-- Great car
By njadz on 05/03/14 14:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Over the past 10 years have driven the Mazda 3, and some assorted european models overseas. Test drove the Focus and the Cruze this go-round and like the Handling is superb, shifting (manual) is a breeze -- lot's of getup and go with the turbo.... great gas mileage. Recommend getting some blind spot sticker mirrors for your side mirrors if you do a lot of city driving... they only cost 99 cents and help out a lot as the side mirrors aren't as big as the focus. Pros: No road noise even at highway speeds. 5 star safety (10 airbags). Comfortable, smooth ride all around (if you don't believe it read kelly blue book review). CONS: Brakes are not as tight as Ford. immediately.

Worst Car Ever !!!
By ezt1 on 04/27/14 14:46 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 3 month ago, since then i have got back pain and also i have a terrible pain in my right leg and is worst every time a ride this junk. Seats are so hard and external padding is too high, i use a cushion but i continue in the same way, i tried to trade in to a different car but in the process i can lose more than $4000.00. Also when i turn on the air conditioning comes a chemical odor from the air vents, i have to open all windows until it disappear. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS CAR. I decided to buy this car because i have always been a GM fan, all my cars in the past were from this company except a Fusion that was terrible too.

NO MPG EITHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By macrobert on 03/05/14 17:55 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

No highway mileage.Best i can get is 27.7 this is hwy with cruse control set at 65. After a week at the dealer The dealers final words were ."I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING BETTER I COULD DO FOR YOU "but gm says there is nothing wrong with the car .