2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

A Car You Can Trust!
By redshiftrider

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2014 Cruze as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with 5,800 miles on the clock. I'm happy to say I'm nothing but satisfied with the car. It does exactly what it was meant to do. It's affordable, reliable, efficient, and is equipped with enough technology for the average person to be happy. It's not overly flashy, or trying too hard like some of the foreign mid-sizers. It's just an honest, handsome, well proportioned little car. I average 32-33 mix of city and highway. Haven't had a single mechanical issue yet. But what about safety you ask? I sold these for over a year and heard horrendous accident stories. Not a single injury. It does what it says, and it does it well.

Favorite Features

The single best feature about this car is the feel of it. It just feels like a very solid car. Everything from the way the steering wheel feels in your hand, to the way it drives, to the sound the door makes when it shuts. Very solid vehicle. Very good looking car, well proportioned and balanced. The interior design continues the well balanced theme. Very handsome and functional. Ergonomics are excellent and all of the technology features are very intuitive and user friendly. Features like pressing the call button on the steering wheel and simply saying "pair" to pair your phone. Brilliantly simple. The size of the trunk cannot be overlooked either, very large for this segment of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

My one and only complaint about the car is the transmission. 90% of the time it's smooth and balanced. The first time you find yourself in stop and go traffic you will notice the flaws immediately. Something isn't quite right with the way it sets off from a stop. It lurches, rather alarmingly, rather than smoothly. If you're not ready for it, it may have you panicking for the brake because it feels as if you'll ram into the car in front. It also happens occasionally on deceleration when downshifting. Causes you to use more brake input to compensate. Overall though, easy to manage once you figure it out, and since it's only an issue in stop and go, it's by no means a car ruining issue.

Solid build quality, safe and handles great. Great buy!
By carchadnh

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a 2014 Cruze LTZ about 7 months ago now. This is really an amazing car - much better than I would have expected from Chevy. I had one of these as a rental for about a week and was so impressed that I test drove a couple more and ended up buying one. The car has REALLY solid handling, it's very quiet on the highway and knowing I have 10 airbags around my family is awesome. The technology works incredibly well - from the automatic climate control (which turns the fan down when you make/answer calls!) to the voice recognition for phone/radio commands ("Play song X"!)and the great OnStar app with remote start/unlocking/panic button from your phone.

Favorite Features

30+ mpg Great highway cruiser Excellent handling (no roll) Excelling interior quality Safety Backup camera LTZ appearance

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more passing power at highway speeds

HORRIIIBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE
By bhenders123

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a car. I bought it and within a year and a half (20,800 miles) I had to replace: the blower motor the coolant system the positive power cable the negative power cable the ABS power cable the radio power cable and the ABS sensor harness on both sides. That is horrible for it being that new and the largest concern is I had all these problems and the light never came on. THAT IS SCARY! I almost could break because of the ABS issue.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING

Cruze ECO was an excellent choice for me!
By benrey

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a 2014 Cruze ECO last October. I love this car. Even though I drive city mostly and only live 10 miles from work I still average above 30 MPG. Any time I take a road trip I get over 40 MPG. The the steering feel and Mylink system. Awesome to play my Spotify app right through my phone to my car. Only drawbacks is the seats are a little uncomfortable for long drives. Other than that it is an awesome affordable car. Cool to get oil changes covered by Chevy as well.

Favorite Features

fuel mileage, Mylink voice system, warranty, did I mention fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Soften up the seats a little. Make the exterior design a little more sporty. The change I. 15 was ok but still needs more.

You will badly regret it
By funruffian

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a company car which I am mandated to drive via my position. If I had a choice I would dump this thing in the deep blue sea. The seating is terribly uncomfortable and lacks any scrupulous ergonomic measures. The car is powered by a weak 4 cylinder, 1.4L engine that sounds like a lawn mower. I dread having to get in and out of this car every morning. The doors are heavy and do not have a rest fulcrum which allows users to get in and out comfortably without the heavy door slamming into your leg. The aesthetics are ok, mainly the interior and dashboard are the only redeeming qualities in this bucket of bolts. It lacks any unique beauty or style. MPG is a solid 30.

Favorite Features

Dashboard. Trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Seating ergonomics. Horse power. Leg room.