2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Very mediocre
By funruffian on 08/04/14 21:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

What can you expect from a company vehicle? If you see a car simply as an appliance,it's not bad. But if you are looking for a sedan with comfort and performance, shop somewhere else. The Cruze is pretty lousy. The car is underpowered for a sedan weighing over 3,000 pounds. If you are going 70 MPH on the highway and step on the accelerator, hoping to pass up another car, this thing is a dog. You are better off getting a Corolla for a little better price and better MPG. Only 29 MPG is not very rave fuel economy for a car with only 138 HP. Worst yet are the seats. it's like sitting on a cement park bench. Everyone at my company who drives this car complains about the discomfort.

not great ,but ok
By bischy on 07/18/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

i bought the ltz, which i thought everything would come standard on, i was sorry to learn if i wanted a sun roof or spoiler, that would be an extra charge, and they put these puny splash guards on the car and charge you 170 .00,for things that barely even do the job, yes the car has a lot of room, i have been getting 35 mph with just about all highway driving. the radio is not worth the price either, if you drive in highway traffic with the window down, you can barely hear what's on the radio, i have been a Chevy owner for 24 years, next car i get will not be a Chevy!!!

20K and Counting
By vod on 06/16/14 10:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased in July 2013 and just turner 21,000 miles. I'm 6'2", 205 lbs. and ergonomics are outstanding: seats, leg room, convenient controls, short throws on manual transmission. Suspension is excellent for low priced sedan. Decent performance in 3rd - 6th. Excellent gas mileage. Generally 33 - 35 mpg in mixed driving (70 - 30 highway vs. city). Can squeak out 40 on 4 lanes with cruise set at 60 - 62. However, prefer to cruise 75 - 80. Cabin is quiet; little road or wind noise.

Hands down-- Great car
By njadz on 05/03/14 14:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Over the past 10 years have driven the Mazda 3, and some assorted european models overseas. Test drove the Focus and the Cruze this go-round and like the Handling is superb, shifting (manual) is a breeze -- lot's of getup and go with the turbo.... great gas mileage. Recommend getting some blind spot sticker mirrors for your side mirrors if you do a lot of city driving... they only cost 99 cents and help out a lot as the side mirrors aren't as big as the focus. Pros: No road noise even at highway speeds. 5 star safety (10 airbags). Comfortable, smooth ride all around (if you don't believe it read kelly blue book review). CONS: Brakes are not as tight as Ford. immediately.

Worst Car Ever !!!
By ezt1 on 04/27/14 14:46 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car 3 month ago, since then i have got back pain and also i have a terrible pain in my right leg and is worst every time a ride this junk. Seats are so hard and external padding is too high, i use a cushion but i continue in the same way, i tried to trade in to a different car but in the process i can lose more than $4000.00. Also when i turn on the air conditioning comes a chemical odor from the air vents, i have to open all windows until it disappear. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS CAR. I decided to buy this car because i have always been a GM fan, all my cars in the past were from this company except a Fusion that was terrible too.

NO MPG EITHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By macrobert on 03/05/14 17:55 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

No highway mileage.Best i can get is 27.7 this is hwy with cruse control set at 65. After a week at the dealer The dealers final words were ."I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING BETTER I COULD DO FOR YOU "but gm says there is nothing wrong with the car .

I Really Do Like This Car
By dhpnet on 03/01/14 17:08 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am 6' 3" tall and 240 lbs, and this car feels roomy and comfortable to me, but the seats are too hard! The beam suspension is not as nice as independent suspension, but it handles well for a compact. Everything feels very solid and much higher quality than other compacts I have owned. One big issue for me is that when the doors are unlocked then so is the trunk and anyone on the street, or the valet, can open the trunk by just pressing a button on the lid. Also, there is no lock or latch on the gas lid. The premium pioneer stereo isn't that great. All of the sound seems to come out of the center speaker in the dash. My Bose SoundLink sounds better. Overall, I really like this car so far.

Great family car
By seanjamin9 on 01/21/14 20:29 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the rainforest green Cruze LS 1.8L 6 speed automatic. The cars exterior and interior styling is very impressive. So far this car has been excellent, with mostly city driving we are averaging 26 mpg. The interior is user friendly and very nice for an entry level car. There is almost no road noise while driving under 50 mph. The handling is tight however on worn roads you will feel a little play in the steering. This is not a car you could put 4 adults in comfortably, but children fit just fine in the back. Chevy is definitely going in the right direction with their designs and driver friendly focus.

No MPG
By bertman69 on 01/17/14 12:27 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this 2014 Cruze in Sept. for one reason and one reason only - 38 mpg. I'm not even getting 30. The 6 speed auto transmission is clunky and herky jerky. Every control is slow to respond. No trunk release anywhere on the car, only on the key, and it won't work if it is in the ignition. All in all this car is a HUGE disappointment and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Great Compact Car!
By cruze2014 on 11/02/13 13:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently traded my 2011 Camaro in for a 2014 Cruze. I was trying to find a car that could save me on gas. The Cruze was an easy pick for me, compared to other cars in its class. I got the black granite metallic color, it really shines in the sun light. I was looking at the Mazda 3 also when buying a new car. I preferred the drive quality on the Cruze, the Mazda 3 had a lot of road noise for my taste. I am actually liking the Cruze more than my Camaro.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$162 per month*