2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Go blue
By Keith Green

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Review electronic options.

A great compact car!
By NYdriver

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a compact car, so all comparisons should be made with respect to other cars in this class. I've owned it for just over a year now, so I had some time to evaluate it properly. Overall it is a great value for the money; my comparisons (test driving also) included Civic, Corolla and Elantra. The engineering is clearly superior, as is the interior design. The 1.4 l turbo engine has adequate power for all situations. You won't win a lot of races, but you won't be put to shame either. The transmission shifts smoothly when accelerating, and the wet clutch (not torque converter) engages firmly throughout. You don't need to race the engine, just keep it at 1800-2200 rpm and let the surprising torque pull the car forward. Occasional 2-lane passing is quick, I've never needed more than 3000 rpm. In slow traffic, between 15-30 mph though, the software has difficulty making up its mind which gear it would like to be in, so being gentle on the gas helps with not jerking the occupants around. Overall fuel economy so far has been 33.6 mpg, with a lot of slow, city driving. On highway trips with an 80/20 mix (20% city driving) I got 38.2 mpg combined. Going with the flow, not at a snail's pace. Not bad! Using ethanol free gas helps by about 8%, which is worth only on long trips, when range has often indicated just over 600 miles on a full tank. The interior design is superb for the class, with controls well harmonized. Two long legged adults fit up front with plenty of room and comfort to spare; with 4 long legged adults, at least some negotiations are mandatory. This is however compensated by the unusually roomy trunk. It feels bottomless vs. other cars in its class. The ride is quiet, but on rough pavement there's noticeable road noise. It is a compact car, though, not a Buick or Caddy! It does very well handling uneven pavement, heavy snow and slick roads. Test it in an empty parking lot and you'll be surprised! The cars heats up quickly on frigid days, and cools just as fast on hot and humid days. The radio, Bluetooth, USB and OnStar work beautifully, and the overall driving experience is above what one would expect from a compact car. If my experience changes with time, I will update this report. So far, I am very pleasantly surprised and have no reason not to recommend giving the Cruze serious consideration if you are looking to buy a new compact car.

Check engine light and clutch problems
By Terri vigil

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Do not buy. This car is a lemon bought it new.check engine light keeps coming on.already had to replace the clutch and it only has 12000 miles

2014 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
By Dana

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car certified preowned with 24k on it. I have only had it for 3 months and now have close to 32k on her. Gas mileage is impeccable! I was driving 84 miles round trip to work 5 days a week and only having to fill up once! I love the control and the quality of this car. It's my first car I've bought on my own and I couldn't have made a better choice. I love the TPMS and the oil percentage. Take off and braking are awesome. Almost had an accident last week on the interstate and she went from 70 to 0 without locking the brakes! Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something to commute in. Not to mention it is very fun to drive! And the heated leather seats are amazing when it's been a long day at work!

Lemon!
By Anonymous

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got the Cruze TD and within the first 100 miles my engine light went on. It has gone on 3 more times since then. I did not get a new car to always have it in the shop. I am going to persue the Lemon Law! I did not buy a new car to have it in the shop every few months.

• SUV