2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Solid build quality, safe and handles great. Great buy!
By carchadnh

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a 2014 Cruze LTZ about 7 months ago now. This is really an amazing car - much better than I would have expected from Chevy. I had one of these as a rental for about a week and was so impressed that I test drove a couple more and ended up buying one. The car has REALLY solid handling, it's very quiet on the highway and knowing I have 10 airbags around my family is awesome. The technology works incredibly well - from the automatic climate control (which turns the fan down when you make/answer calls!) to the voice recognition for phone/radio commands ("Play song X"!)and the great OnStar app with remote start/unlocking/panic button from your phone.

Favorite Features

30+ mpg Great highway cruiser Excellent handling (no roll) Excelling interior quality Safety Backup camera LTZ appearance

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more passing power at highway speeds

HORRIIIBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE
By bhenders123

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a car. I bought it and within a year and a half (20,800 miles) I had to replace: the blower motor the coolant system the positive power cable the negative power cable the ABS power cable the radio power cable and the ABS sensor harness on both sides. That is horrible for it being that new and the largest concern is I had all these problems and the light never came on. THAT IS SCARY! I almost could break because of the ABS issue.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING

Cruze ECO was an excellent choice for me!
By benrey

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a 2014 Cruze ECO last October. I love this car. Even though I drive city mostly and only live 10 miles from work I still average above 30 MPG. Any time I take a road trip I get over 40 MPG. The the steering feel and Mylink system. Awesome to play my Spotify app right through my phone to my car. Only drawbacks is the seats are a little uncomfortable for long drives. Other than that it is an awesome affordable car. Cool to get oil changes covered by Chevy as well.

Favorite Features

fuel mileage, Mylink voice system, warranty, did I mention fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Soften up the seats a little. Make the exterior design a little more sporty. The change I. 15 was ok but still needs more.

You will badly regret it
By funruffian

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a company car which I am mandated to drive via my position. If I had a choice I would dump this thing in the deep blue sea. The seating is terribly uncomfortable and lacks any scrupulous ergonomic measures. The car is powered by a weak 4 cylinder, 1.4L engine that sounds like a lawn mower. I dread having to get in and out of this car every morning. The doors are heavy and do not have a rest fulcrum which allows users to get in and out comfortably without the heavy door slamming into your leg. The aesthetics are ok, mainly the interior and dashboard are the only redeeming qualities in this bucket of bolts. It lacks any unique beauty or style. MPG is a solid 30.

Favorite Features

Dashboard. Trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Seating ergonomics. Horse power. Leg room.

RUN...don't walk...RUN AWAY FROM THIS JUNK
By cruzesux

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife wanted this car. Bought April, 2014. Now December, 2014. She loved the look of it and the sticker showed some good numbers for fuel consumption. The first 5000 miles or so got about 31 mpg steady. After that we are lucky to see 26. Same route and speed to work. The car accelerates on it's own. The rpm's rev all the way up and the car bucks away. You need to pay attention and hit that brake! Dealer says, "no problem found". There are interior gaskets and moldings coming off. Dealer shoved them back on and they are coming off again. Newest problem is the car keeps stalling and doesn't want to start. Have an appointment to bring it in again in two days, if it starts.

Favorite Features

On Star. You will surely use it when your wonderful car breaks down, and it will!

Suggested Improvements

Buy any other vehicle out there. It will without a doubt be better and safer than this piece of junk.