2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - Consumer Reviews

Diesel 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )
Wonderful Car
By maikell77 on 08/18/14 14:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I drive on average 44,000 miles a year. I am reimbursed by the mi, so low cost of ownership is big. So far I have put 29,000 miles on the car. My lifetime average is 40.4 mpg. That's city highway and high speed. I should say the trunk is good size and I typically have 200-300 pounds in the back. I have had averages as high as 55 mpg and never had a tank below 34 mpg. The tan interior is the color to get. The dash is covered in vinyl versus the course cloth on the black interior. The light and dark contrast looks GREAT. DEF usage is minimal 5 gallon per 10,000mi. Buying in the 2.5 gallon containers keeps cost down. Oil changes are a little pricey, $65.

42 mpg average for 11,000 miles
By delawareroy on 06/20/14 05:49 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I drive 54 miles round trip on a daily basic and am very happy with most aspects of this car. My drive consists of mixed driving and lots of different traffic flows. Right now with 11,000 miles on the car in 4 months I have little to complain about. The lifetime average with the car is 42 mpg. On trips where I can use the open road I get in the low 50's mph. The price of fuel here in Delaware is a little more than reg. gas but well below that of premium. My one and only problem with the service from my local dealer was that they did not carry the oil or oil filter for the car. Had to make a second appointment and return later for the oil change at about 6,000 miles. I highly recommend

The worst car i have purchased in years
By ezt1 on 03/29/14 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My worst car in years, I have owned my chevy cruze for just two month and i can't resist to be inside this car, i hate to drive it, i went to the dealership to try to make a trade in and get a different car but they told me that i could lose more that $4000 in the transaction. Then i have to wait at lest two years to get rid off the lease. I decided to buy it because the exterior design is nicer that corolla and many other compact cars in the market today, also the interior look is great for a car in this segment, just the LOOK because it has the hardest and uncomfortable seats i have seen, and since i got this car i have a terrible pain at the back and right leg. I use a cushion. BE AWARE.

Waited years for this car to come out!!
By lee1979 on 11/26/13 09:38 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have been waiting years for for an American car company to make the cut, on a small diesel engine for a American can, Rumors have been permeating for the last 5 years in the diesel truck community for to be an American diesel powered car that we can afford to take to a shop if it needs repairs in the future because diesel engines last for a very long time and will out last the transmissions every 300k. You may not be a diesel fan like my self but even still there are many good reasons to go with this car. - Top of the line tech. - Great drivability and acceleration. - less harm to the environment than a gasser. - Seven hundred plus miles per tank. - Awesome (real) leather seats

Impressive MPG
By agwriter on 10/18/13 19:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was first interested in the car for its MPG and it hasn't disappointed me. Not only did I get 47+ on a 600-mile trip to LA and back (freeway, backed-up traffic and mountain passes), but the power is impressive. Set the cruise control at freeways speeds going uphill and it held its speed and didn't downshift (Grapevine or Cajon Pass). Definitely a sporty feel but it rides very nice and the leather seats are quite comfortable. Only complaint is MyLink system reset once then quit working another time for no apparent reason then started working again.

What a Car!!!!
By cruzeowner2 on 09/18/13 07:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Since I purchased the 2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel I have been getting outstanding hwy mileage such as the last trip I made was for 523 miles and my average at 70 miles per hour was 49.5 MPG. The car has plenty of get up and go in fact I must be careful as it can get too fast too quick. The Cruze is very comfortable with plenty of headroom and great foot space to stretch out. I was concerned with the power needed to climb the hills but was pleasantly surprised when the Cruze really didn't have to strain much at all. I highly recommend the Cruze Turbo Diesel to anyone wanting to drive green.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel in VA is:

$157 per month*