2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
The worst car i have purchased in years
By ezt1 on 03/29/14 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My worst car in years, I have owned my chevy cruze for just two month and i can't resist to be inside this car, i hate to drive it, i went to the dealership to try to make a trade in and get a different car but they told me that i could lose more that $4000 in the transaction. Then i have to wait at lest two years to get rid off the lease. I decided to buy it because the exterior design is nicer that corolla and many other compact cars in the market today, also the interior look is great for a car in this segment, just the LOOK because it has the hardest and uncomfortable seats i have seen, and since i got this car i have a terrible pain at the back and right leg. I use a cushion. BE AWARE.

NO MPG EITHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By macrobert on 03/05/14 17:55 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

No highway mileage.Best i can get is 27.7 this is hwy with cruse control set at 65. After a week at the dealer The dealers final words were ."I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING BETTER I COULD DO FOR YOU "but gm says there is nothing wrong with the car .

I Really Do Like This Car
By dhpnet on 03/01/14 17:08 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am 6' 3" tall and 240 lbs, and this car feels roomy and comfortable to me, but the seats are too hard! The beam suspension is not as nice as independent suspension, but it handles well for a compact. Everything feels very solid and much higher quality than other compacts I have owned. One big issue for me is that when the doors are unlocked then so is the trunk and anyone on the street, or the valet, can open the trunk by just pressing a button on the lid. Also, there is no lock or latch on the gas lid. The premium pioneer stereo isn't that great. All of the sound seems to come out of the center speaker in the dash. My Bose SoundLink sounds better. Overall, I really like this car so far.

Great family car
By seanjamin9 on 01/21/14 20:29 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the rainforest green Cruze LS 1.8L 6 speed automatic. The cars exterior and interior styling is very impressive. So far this car has been excellent, with mostly city driving we are averaging 26 mpg. The interior is user friendly and very nice for an entry level car. There is almost no road noise while driving under 50 mph. The handling is tight however on worn roads you will feel a little play in the steering. This is not a car you could put 4 adults in comfortably, but children fit just fine in the back. Chevy is definitely going in the right direction with their designs and driver friendly focus.

No MPG
By bertman69 on 01/17/14 12:27 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this 2014 Cruze in Sept. for one reason and one reason only - 38 mpg. I'm not even getting 30. The 6 speed auto transmission is clunky and herky jerky. Every control is slow to respond. No trunk release anywhere on the car, only on the key, and it won't work if it is in the ignition. All in all this car is a HUGE disappointment and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Waited years for this car to come out!!
By lee1979 on 11/26/13 09:38 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have been waiting years for for an American car company to make the cut, on a small diesel engine for a American can, Rumors have been permeating for the last 5 years in the diesel truck community for to be an American diesel powered car that we can afford to take to a shop if it needs repairs in the future because diesel engines last for a very long time and will out last the transmissions every 300k. You may not be a diesel fan like my self but even still there are many good reasons to go with this car. - Top of the line tech. - Great drivability and acceleration. - less harm to the environment than a gasser. - Seven hundred plus miles per tank. - Awesome (real) leather seats

Great Compact Car!
By cruze2014 on 11/02/13 13:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently traded my 2011 Camaro in for a 2014 Cruze. I was trying to find a car that could save me on gas. The Cruze was an easy pick for me, compared to other cars in its class. I got the black granite metallic color, it really shines in the sun light. I was looking at the Mazda 3 also when buying a new car. I preferred the drive quality on the Cruze, the Mazda 3 had a lot of road noise for my taste. I am actually liking the Cruze more than my Camaro.

Learn how to drive a manual
By tacitus7 on 10/25/13 20:35 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This month I purchased a gas Cruze Eco with the six speed manual. I just filled up the tank and checked the gas mileage. I got 39 mpg! That was all around driving, although the majority was highway. Then I drove 98 miles all highway at 62 mph, twice aggressively passing and negotiating some hills. I filled up and it only took 2 gallons! 49 mpg! I am very happy so far. It handles well and isn't underpowered. My 2004 impala 3.8 which I traded in for this had a better ride and more passing power, but I don't think I lost much in these areas. I am very happy. My advice: learn how to use a manual:>)

Impressive MPG
By agwriter on 10/18/13 19:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I was first interested in the car for its MPG and it hasn't disappointed me. Not only did I get 47+ on a 600-mile trip to LA and back (freeway, backed-up traffic and mountain passes), but the power is impressive. Set the cruise control at freeways speeds going uphill and it held its speed and didn't downshift (Grapevine or Cajon Pass). Definitely a sporty feel but it rides very nice and the leather seats are quite comfortable. Only complaint is MyLink system reset once then quit working another time for no apparent reason then started working again.

Great everyday driver, with style!
By darnell1977 on 10/16/13 07:45 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car for my wife. She didn't think that she would like a small car coming away from a Nissan Armada; let me tell you she was wrong, can't her out of it. The car looks small in stature but interior has good spacing and a large trunk for a small vehicle. The car handles very firm but is really fun and comfortable. We have owned an Audi A4 1.8 turbo a while back and it handles just like it, very predictable and hugs the road. The ride is smooth and bumps are effortless. The electronics inside the car are great for long trips or short work journeys. Let me be the first to admit we were going to opt out on the Mylink and the other, GET THEM YOU WONT REGRET IT!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze in WA is:

$198 per month*