Used 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Still on the post
By Cathy W

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car for the hubby to drive and from work. 110 miles roundtrip everyday. He decided he would continue to drive his truck (I drove it for 2 years to my job round trip ,12 miles) because gas is down. So I got the car against my wishes. This car is not comfortable at all to me. To many buttons to figure it out. Be prepared to read the manual if urnot techno savy... Which I am not!! I feel like I am in a fishbowl or all to see.Keep in mind I did not get in or test drive the car. Hubby did only. But I drive oit.go figure. I am a plus size babe, n this car is tight. Good thing I am not plus plus or it would be like a can of canned fish stuffed in. Had the car for a month now and it s slowly expanding with me. Tinted ALL the widows made a world of difference .so, that said, I would give this car 4 star rating. VERY compact not to roomy, back seat to tight, Windows look c!assy though n I give them a10+++++. Handle s curves like a charm n fast little booger to 0 to 60 in 45 sec and its a 4 Cylinder. Go figure its a classy one to.

Too few mpg and too much sunshine I shout
By James

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Chevy electronics. Easy to pair phone to car. Infuriating trip computer that has never been close on mpg, distance to empty, gallons used. On star is good but I feel too expensive so I dropped it. Interior nice but leather seats are FIRM. Average around 32 mpg day to day use, have never come near 38 mpg rating. At 42000 miles transmission is getting dimwitted on shifts ( just want a slight speed increase, push on throttle, nothing, push, nothing, push then it's a 2 gear kickdown). Dealer says car showing no codes when I had checked. Rear seat room is good for small kids or SMALL adults. Real nightmare is sunroof failed in tilt open position. Will update when I find out what is wrong and how much financial pain it will cost. I dont think I will consider another GM vehicle if this sunroof problem turns into a financial black hole. Plus side tire wear is great, still have near 50% of original tread, premium Pioneer sound system is great.

A gorgeous car bad resale value
By Wen b

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The value of the car dropped $10,000 in less than a year it's terrible because the rental car industry is flooded with them that's why they are devaluated. they are worth more than market value they do not hold value

Cruze Diesel Problem Child
By Marconquistador

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I did not see an option for diesel in the Edmund's drop down, so I selected a gas option just to write a review about my 2014 Cruze Diesel. I bought the car new in 2014. Within the first few thousand miles I had warranty work done. After about a year, the car has been in the shop constantly. The warranty work usually takes a week by the time the tech dows the diagnistics, parts are ordered, etc. Some of the same parts keep getting replced. As of now, my tags are expired (registration is paid) because the car will not pass Smog in CA because the engine light is on. Emission parts keep being replaced, and the light keeps comming on. The support for Chevy diesels is aweful, atleast for the Cruze in my area. The car has less than 30k miles. I am suposed to pick it up today, but they want me to drive it for 100 miles before they try to Smog it just to see if the engine light comes on again. I had to get a TOP from DMV.

2014 Cruze diesel Best mpg in my life! Fantastic!
By Al

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We have owned this car since Oct. 2014. It has done a mix of driving with some long road trips. getting 60 mpg with the low rolling resistance tires in the summer was a fantastic plus. But we have also seen 44 mpg mixed city driving. It goes down when we change to winter tires for driving conditions in Minnesota but is still 3 to 8 mpg above the EPA "estimates". The only way to get the mileage under 25 is letting it idle in the winter with the heat on while waiting for someone in a store! Getting into the car is a little difficult for a 6'2" tall man, it reminds me of my exotic sports car I used to own, but once in the car it is great! The handling is something other small car owners dream about for the engine gives the car just the right amount of weight. Acceleration is great for an economy car plus braking is great. the steering is a little twitchy at freeway speed but the driver is supposed to be paying attention at higher speed! I like the parking assist and backup camera. I have loaded all kinds of stuff in to the car through the backseat, even 8 foot 2 x 4's and 10 foot pipe. back seat room behind me is just not there. But it is ok when my wife is driving. I found when I was shopping cars in 2014 that this was the most comfortable inside for a large man. We have the leather interior and all the options but the price of the car new was not at all high. About $8k under the infamous car company that lied about their diesels. Chevy is up front about what the owner should do for maintenance and we like the 2 years free oil changes. I was waiting for a car that would get over 30 mpg in mixed city driving and our average of 38 is great. I knew I wanted either electric or diesel and diesel won in every way.