2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Nice solid car.
By jamie330 on 03/18/15 08:39 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

after driving many german cars, I decided to buy the chevy cruze diesel. I can honestly say this car is absolutely wonderful. It takes eats my expectations in all aspects. This car has been 100 percent trouble free, recall free, inafter driving many german cars, I decided to buy the chevy cruze diesel. I can honestly say this car is absolutely wonderful. It takes eats my expectations in all aspects. This car has been 100 percent trouble free, recall free, and a great pleasure to drive everyday.living in Southern California San Diego area, there are lots of hills. even with the hills I'm getting around 40 miles per gallon combined city and I went with the Chevy Cruze d GM has not disappointed

Cruze ECO was an excellent choice for me!
By benrey on 03/01/15 14:26 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a 2014 Cruze ECO last October. I love this car. Even though I drive city mostly and only live 10 miles from work I still average above 30 MPG. Any time I take a road trip I get over 40 MPG. The the steering feel and Mylink system. Awesome to play my Spotify app right through my phone to my car. Only drawbacks is the seats are a little uncomfortable for long drives. Other than that it is an awesome affordable car. Cool to get oil changes covered by Chevy as well.

Great Car
By David Man on 02/19/15 01:11 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Best car I've owned in a long time, I have been waiting for a reliable American diesel car. The VW reviews and horor stories make the Chevy Cruze a easy choice.

You will badly regret it
By funruffian on 01/16/15 06:54 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a company car which I am mandated to drive via my position. If I had a choice I would dump this thing in the deep blue sea. The seating is terribly uncomfortable and lacks any scrupulous ergonomic measures. The car is powered by a weak 4 cylinder, 1.4L engine that sounds like a lawn mower. I dread having to get in and out of this car every morning. The doors are heavy and do not have a rest fulcrum which allows users to get in and out comfortably without the heavy door slamming into your leg. The aesthetics are ok, mainly the interior and dashboard are the only redeeming qualities in this bucket of bolts. It lacks any unique beauty or style. MPG is a solid 30.

Junk vehicle Do not buy!
By ladymec on 01/01/15 06:56 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought 2014 diesel Cruze in Sept, currently have 5774 miles on vehicle.. Mileage stated 46 mpg..luckily to get 28 mpg..on frwy, mechanic stated that I need to set the trip every time I got fuel to show higher mpg vehicle misrepresented. Check engine lights: have had it in the shop more than my Ford SUV, also get higher MPG in Ford. starts on its own no remote start? No short trips allow so no more running to the store in my new car..carbon build up on sensors the stated that I averaged 28 mph.. And I was doing the frwy.. Coolant steam and smell in the cabin..let us not forget Recalls..Parts that need replaced but not available.. Including air bags and shaft that splits in half

RUN...don't walk...RUN AWAY FROM THIS JUNK
By cruzesux on 12/29/14 20:37 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife wanted this car. Bought April, 2014. Now December, 2014. She loved the look of it and the sticker showed some good numbers for fuel consumption. The first 5000 miles or so got about 31 mpg steady. After that we are lucky to see 26. Same route and speed to work. The car accelerates on it's own. The rpm's rev all the way up and the car bucks away. You need to pay attention and hit that brake! Dealer says, "no problem found". There are interior gaskets and moldings coming off. Dealer shoved them back on and they are coming off again. Newest problem is the car keeps stalling and doesn't want to start. Have an appointment to bring it in again in two days, if it starts.

Reluctant Cruze owner
By oldtimer59 on 12/23/14 01:45 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I must confess that the Cruze was not my first choice. I came to the Chevy dealership looking at the malibu, but things quickly begin to fall apart on the deal. So I had to regroup and the salesman introduce the cruze as an possibility. First, the deal was right, secondly, after the test drive I was surprised at how it performed and how it looked to the eye. Needles to say I am a cruze owner and looking for this car and driver relationship to last.

First Compact I've Ever Purchased
By rampy on 11/09/14 13:50 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I never owned a compact before but after driving a Cruze on a recent business trip I knew it was time to buy one. I'm 6'0" and find the Cruze a comfortable car that has been delivering 30 MPG city/highway mileage. I always thought compacts would be noisy and have a cheap feel to them. I'm certainly very happy with the Cruze and the cost of less than $20K. Even my wife a staunch import fan really likes the Cruze. I would recommend this car to family and friends.

Most uncomfortable car I have ever driven
By tony_aston on 10/05/14 12:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Hard to know where to start. Alarm system goes off when I try to get into car. I am normal size (5'10", 170 lbs.) but I have to contort myself to get into drivers seat. Seat belt has too much tension. Right knee rests against hard surface--gets sore on long ride. Very little leg room for driver. Very poor visibility. Head rests and rear pillars block view when I back out of parking space. Stereo sounds tinny. Style is bleh. Key body is too large and bulky. Passengers find it difficult to get in and out. Feels like a sardine in a can.

Wonderful Car
By maikell77 on 08/18/14 14:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I drive on average 44,000 miles a year. I am reimbursed by the mi, so low cost of ownership is big. So far I have put 29,000 miles on the car. My lifetime average is 40.4 mpg. That's city highway and high speed. I should say the trunk is good size and I typically have 200-300 pounds in the back. I have had averages as high as 55 mpg and never had a tank below 34 mpg. The tan interior is the color to get. The dash is covered in vinyl versus the course cloth on the black interior. The light and dark contrast looks GREAT. DEF usage is minimal 5 gallon per 10,000mi. Buying in the 2.5 gallon containers keeps cost down. Oil changes are a little pricey, $65.