2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

HORRIIIBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE
By bhenders123

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a car. I bought it and within a year and a half (20,800 miles) I had to replace: the blower motor the coolant system the positive power cable the negative power cable the ABS power cable the radio power cable and the ABS sensor harness on both sides. That is horrible for it being that new and the largest concern is I had all these problems and the light never came on. THAT IS SCARY! I almost could break because of the ABS issue.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING

Nice solid car.
By jamie330

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

after driving many german cars, I decided to buy the chevy cruze diesel. I can honestly say this car is absolutely wonderful. It takes eats my expectations in all aspects. This car has been 100 percent trouble free, recall free, inafter driving many german cars, I decided to buy the chevy cruze diesel. I can honestly say this car is absolutely wonderful. It takes eats my expectations in all aspects. This car has been 100 percent trouble free, recall free, and a great pleasure to drive everyday.living in Southern California San Diego area, there are lots of hills. even with the hills I'm getting around 40 miles per gallon combined city and I went with the Chevy Cruze d GM has not disappointed

Favorite Features

my favorite features of the car are, the door shut nice and solid just like my Mercedes SLK. the car feels nice and heavy and hunkers down to the road like a German car.

Suggested Improvements

next generation should have a dual clutch transmission.

Cruze ECO was an excellent choice for me!
By benrey

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a 2014 Cruze ECO last October. I love this car. Even though I drive city mostly and only live 10 miles from work I still average above 30 MPG. Any time I take a road trip I get over 40 MPG. The the steering feel and Mylink system. Awesome to play my Spotify app right through my phone to my car. Only drawbacks is the seats are a little uncomfortable for long drives. Other than that it is an awesome affordable car. Cool to get oil changes covered by Chevy as well.

Favorite Features

fuel mileage, Mylink voice system, warranty, did I mention fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Soften up the seats a little. Make the exterior design a little more sporty. The change I. 15 was ok but still needs more.

Great Car
By David Man

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Best car I've owned in a long time, I have been waiting for a reliable American diesel car. The VW reviews and horor stories make the Chevy Cruze a easy choice.

You will badly regret it
By funruffian

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a company car which I am mandated to drive via my position. If I had a choice I would dump this thing in the deep blue sea. The seating is terribly uncomfortable and lacks any scrupulous ergonomic measures. The car is powered by a weak 4 cylinder, 1.4L engine that sounds like a lawn mower. I dread having to get in and out of this car every morning. The doors are heavy and do not have a rest fulcrum which allows users to get in and out comfortably without the heavy door slamming into your leg. The aesthetics are ok, mainly the interior and dashboard are the only redeeming qualities in this bucket of bolts. It lacks any unique beauty or style. MPG is a solid 30.

Favorite Features

Dashboard. Trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Seating ergonomics. Horse power. Leg room.