2013 chevy cruze transmission problems
By buzz45 on
2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
My cruze is less than 2 months old..when at a stop with the brakes depressed, the car surges and lurches forward..has happened 3 times and I noticed the same problem on multiple cruze web sites. This car still has transmission problems. Wonderful car, but I can't live with a car that wants to go forward with the brakes applied.
By puzantc
on 05/25/13 16:48 PM (PDT)

I have the exact same issue. I bought my 2LT RS Cruze exactly one month ago today and I when I'm stopped at a light, foot completely on the brake, I can feel my car lightly jerk fwd and bckwd. The first few times I almost thought my foot wasn't on the brake hard enough. Didn't know if this was some sort of issue with all of the Cruzes.

By cabscruze
on 11/26/13 06:14 AM (PST)

The tranny issue that everyone is experiencing is called a "Neutral Shift Wobble", and there is a TSB out there on this. Go to your dealer and have them look into this.

By bilahn1
on 10/04/13 17:21 PM (PDT)

I jsut rented a Cruze and I was really excited to drive it as I was considering buying it. The brakes do the same thing as you mentioned. It is totally unaceptable. Another deal breaker with the Cruz is the lousy driver's position. There is no right leg room, and my leg is jammed against the console and dashboard. The seat, incredibly, moves forward when you raise it. If I move it back so my leg is more comfortable, I am sitting in a bathtub.

By steven39
on 04/08/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

me and a freind of mine recently went car shopping for the both of us..he went with a 2013 chevy cruze and i with a 2013 hyundai elantra..he is haveing the same tranny issues with his car and regrets not getting the elantra as i did which by the way has a transmission that operates as smooth as butter.he says along with several others that own chevy cruzes that it really feels like chevy installed a 15 year old transmission on it's last leg inside the chevy cruze..

By jmouxemt89
on 06/02/13 04:42 AM (PDT)

I have the same issues, car lunges forward, motor shakes badly, My Link radio system freezes, sometimes tranny wont shift properly, Now my car wont come out of or go into park like it did, it took me 15 minutes to put it into park at work. I have only 860 miles on it.... still smells new, so upsetting, not what you want from a new car, I bought a new car so i didnt have to deal with used car problems..

By 2friedchicken
on 05/14/13 13:38 PM (PDT)

@buzz45 interesting review the surge you are experiencing remind me of my 2003 saturn ion that i once had. When i drove on highway the car would surge in a jerking matter(as if i had a manuel) and the dealer couldnt replicate the problem. i hope this is a isolated issue

By cakl
on 02/16/14 13:45 PM (PST)

did they have a fix for it ???