2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best small car yet

2013 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

LS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Best small car yet
By blomidon2013 on

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I have been driving cars for 45+ years. Until 2013, we had not bought a Chev for well over 25 years. Before buying a Cruze, we had an Elantra, a Focus, a Volks Golf, and a Dodge Caravan (to name the last 4). We test drove the Elantra, the Focus, Mazda and Toyota, and decided on the Cruze 6 speed standard. We have not been disappointed 10 months later, and have put approx. 20,000 miles on the car to date, with no problem to date.

Favorite Features

The best features, imho, is the 6 speed standard shift, if you like "real" driving, which we love. This car has amazing handling, and is remarkably quiet, which was not the case with the Elantra. Mileage is never as advertised; however, we are getting approx 32 mpg on the highway. My one complaint iswhere the wipers are placed, which I suspect was for aerodynamic purposes. They lie down beneath the hood, which cuts out wind noise; however, living on the east coast, with the horrible ice and snow this winter, I found clearing out the snow covering the wipers to be a hassle. Florida folk...you have no problem!

Suggested Improvements

Wipers (noted) Door lock buttons not conveniently located