Not what I expected after all the good reviews, its a LEMON
By 1honeybadger on
2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
I wish someone would have warned me about this car! I have completely babied this car never really drove it that hard, accelerate slowly, decelerate slowly. First you have to know the MPG is completely false! DO NOT believe anything you hear. When I do the real MPG test and don't go by the computer, the computer tells me i get 30-40 MPG but when I gas up, record my mileage, and then gas up again and divide the gallons into the mileage gone I ONLY get 24-25MPG and that is highway miles!! There is not really a clear coat on the car so the paint chips VERY easily. Expect the body to be chipped and badly worn down by 50-100k miles...
Favorite Features
... I've only got 14,400 miles on my cruze and there are TONS of chips everywhere. I've had cars with 150k miles on them that did not look as bad as this does already with 1/10 the mileage! The worst part though! Engine problems! I am not the only one. Go out and read the forums. At 12k miles it got cold where I live 10 degree F. Mind you it was sitting in a garage and the car thermometer registered at 24F. When I turned it on I the engine shook back and forth real hard rattling the whole car, the check engine light flashed on and a message saying "Service Stabilitrak". The woman at the dealership said this was 'normal'. I've owned cars for 19 years...
Suggested Improvements
... many different makes and models. This is NOT normal. They ran diagnostics and it came back as a cylinder misfiring! This should not be happening at 12k miles. Now again we had another cold spell and the same thing happened yet again at 14,400 miles. There is no way this is 'normal' for a brand new car. The cylinders on a brand new car should NOT be misfiring. I baby this thing and only use Tier 1 gasoline, only 1 brand of gas has ever gone in my car, and I only get the dexos oil change from the dealership. So no one can blame either of those things. And I have never power washed my engine down either, nor gone through any big puddles. This car is a LEMON.
By kaizengirl
on 03/01/14 11:47 AM (PST)

My husband and I both own a 2013 Cruze...I also work at GM but I can be unbiased since we own two! I do know that the MPG, is on PERFECT road conditions lol... My Cruze was bought end of 2012...never let us down yet....His Cruze we just bought in Dec 2013...first FREEZING cold day today, he cant get to work in his car, but mine started no problem. From our experience, depends on how you drive it, where you, speeds, EVERYTHING!! And do remember every company has it's screw ups (vehicles a little harder to take in) but it's true!

By jeni740
on 02/05/14 05:08 AM (PST)

I had a 2013 cruze 1LT it was in the shop 7 or 8 times. it has been there now for 9 days while I drive a rental they are paying for. I called GM and told them what was going on with my car. GM called the dealership and they are pulling me from my lease and putting me into a 2014 model. Sometimes a phone call helps :)

By uintah
on 04/26/14 13:26 PM (PDT)

I don't how you drive but I get 35-37 mpg climbing mountain roads and 75 mph freeways in Utah and Wyoming. The average elevation is 6,000 to 8,000 ft and temps at -20 below which usually kills mpg. I have 35,000 miles on my 2013 and haven't seen the dealer since I drove off with it new.

By dotheevolution
on 04/01/14 20:57 PM (PDT)

I'm at 180 miles on current tank of 93 octane in my 2014 Cruze, and I'm averaging 39 mpg (31.2 mpg for the life of the car at 4,000 miles so far). Gas mileage goes down quickly past 65 mph - my sweet spot is 60-63 mph - and cars are rated on a strip of highway in L.A. under ideal conditions.