2013 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: A Compact Car That Wants To Be

2013 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

1LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

A Compact Car That Wants To Be More
By spud90 on

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted to downsize to a car that could let me cope with $4.00+ per gallon gas, yet could take me on extended trips in comfort. The Cruze has so far fit my requirements. I have been reading reviews from car magazines and web sites that complain of shift points on the automatic and the overall lack of power. I disagree. I find that the automatic shifts/downshifts as it should and am beginning to believe that the 1.4L turbo horsepower numbers are under-reported by GM. This engine loves to race to the redline, and I have never been concerned when merging into freeway trafic. The suspension is on the taught side, but handling is great.

The engine, no doubt. I had to have the 1.4L turbo over the plain jane 1.8L. When you read the specs, its a fairly sophisticated engine. Second favorite feature is the overall value. You get a lot for the price.

My only suggested improvement would be to include 4-wheel disk brakes on all models. I don't understand how GM is saving money by stocking parts for, assembling, and maintaining 2 different brake systems.
By cakl
on 02/12/14 14:06 PM (PST)

you must be lucky. my transmission seems confused.