Great value
By kj83 on
2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
The Cruze is a nice, solid car for a great price. I like the exterior styling, and also the simplicity and layout of the interior. The driver has excellent visibility. The key selling feature for me was the top safety ratings, as my daughters would be spending a lot of time driving this car too. The car (1LT, 1.4Turbo) handles competently, and the engine has surprising strength given the fantastic gas mileage. We've had it for 4 months & 4K miles, and so far no issues. The transmission and controls all work perfectly. I was initially looking for a good used car, and also looked at new Civics & Corollas, but I liked the Cruze the best and am happy to buy an American brand.
Favorite Features
Top Safety Ratings!!! Also, lots of nice features for a low priced car: alloy wheels, turbo engine, leather wrapped steering wheel, split fold down rear seats, ... = great value. I also like the straightforward controls on the interior.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not a fan of the cloth running over the dashboard in the 1LT. Also, it's easy to accidentally hit the On-Star buttons when adjusting the rear view mirror.
By kj83
on 02/25/14 16:30 PM (PST)

Yes, I have the auto transmission, and I haven't run across any unusual shifting. It's our 3rd car, with 4 drivers occasionally using it and no one has complained of anything. Actually, everyone likes the car (I mostly drive a 2012 Volvo S60, my wife a RAV4. Previously we had a VW Passat turbo manual, and a Toyota Sienna). Before buying the Cruze, I also test drove a few other Cruzes and none of them had any erratic or unusual behavior. I have the 1.4 turbo so I'm not sure if the reported transmission issues are with the lower LS trim or with the 1.4T. I didn't drive any LS's. Now, maybe I'm not sensitive to the way new auto transmissions shift either - I travel for business and rent lots of different cars.

By cakl
on 02/12/14 13:39 PM (PST)

is yours the 6 speed auto transmission ? and you haven't had any experiences with it shifting eratically at low speeds ( like it's confused ?)