2013 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: 2013 chevy cruze transmission

2013 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

1LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

2013 chevy cruze transmission problems
By buzz45 on

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My cruze is less than 2 months old..when at a stop with the brakes depressed, the car surges and lurches forward..has happened 3 times and I noticed the same problem on multiple cruze web sites. This car still has transmission problems. Wonderful car, but I can't live with a car that wants to go forward with the brakes applied.
By cakl
on 02/16/14 13:45 PM (PST)

did they have a fix for it ???

By 2friedchicken
on 05/14/13 13:38 PM (PDT)

@buzz45 interesting review the surge you are experiencing remind me of my 2003 saturn ion that i once had. When i drove on highway the car would surge in a jerking matter(as if i had a manuel) and the dealer couldnt replicate the problem. i hope this is a isolated issue

By jmouxemt89
on 06/02/13 04:42 AM (PDT)

I have the same issues, car lunges forward, motor shakes badly, My Link radio system freezes, sometimes tranny wont shift properly, Now my car wont come out of or go into park like it did, it took me 15 minutes to put it into park at work. I have only 860 miles on it.... still smells new, so upsetting, not what you want from a new car, I bought a new car so i didnt have to deal with used car problems..

By puzantc
on 05/25/13 16:48 PM (PDT)

I have the exact same issue. I bought my 2LT RS Cruze exactly one month ago today and I when I'm stopped at a light, foot completely on the brake, I can feel my car lightly jerk fwd and bckwd. The first few times I almost thought my foot wasn't on the brake hard enough. Didn't know if this was some sort of issue with all of the Cruzes.

By bilahn1
on 10/04/13 17:21 PM (PDT)

I jsut rented a Cruze and I was really excited to drive it as I was considering buying it. The brakes do the same thing as you mentioned. It is totally unaceptable. Another deal breaker with the Cruz is the lousy driver's position. There is no right leg room, and my leg is jammed against the console and dashboard. The seat, incredibly, moves forward when you raise it. If I move it back so my leg is more comfortable, I am sitting in a bathtub.

By cabscruze
on 11/26/13 06:14 AM (PST)

The tranny issue that everyone is experiencing is called a "Neutral Shift Wobble", and there is a TSB out there on this. Go to your dealer and have them look into this.

By steven39
on 04/08/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

me and a freind of mine recently went car shopping for the both of us..he went with a 2013 chevy cruze and i with a 2013 hyundai elantra..he is haveing the same tranny issues with his car and regrets not getting the elantra as i did which by the way has a transmission that operates as smooth as butter.he says along with several others that own chevy cruzes that it really feels like chevy installed a 15 year old transmission on it's last leg inside the chevy cruze..

By aaron_in_oh
on 01/11/15 13:40 PM (PST)

I had the same transmission issue with the following symptoms: When the car is running, in drive, stopped, it would lurch or want to lurch forward (or bounce) with a visible move in the RPMs. Selecting “manual” select on the automatic transmission and leaving the car in first would alleviate the problem. I took my 2013 cruze LT to the dealer three times, one time printing out the fix, each time they would either modify the brake settings or tell me nothing was wrong. On the third visit I asked them to test drive it again. They asked me to come in and drive it with a tech, I of course accepted. The bulletin is #PI0928C. Below are the steps they performed to fix the car (my car is now totally fixed). Removed and disassembled transmission, replaced 1-2-3-4 clutch friction plates. Replaced all necessary gaskets and seals. Replaced transmission filter. Installed transmission and replaced fluids, flushed transmission cooler, flush code #8b9ff86.