2013 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Surging problems
By northerncruzer on 11/07/13 08:53 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

hmmmm....I see I am not the only one with this problem...stopped at lights brake applied and car starts surging, scared the crap outta me lol sometimes its worse than other times and happens intermittently, its booked next week so hopefully the problem gets resolved.....

Disappointing Quality
By davidsk on 11/03/13 17:53 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We developed spots on the hood where the paint peeled away. We've been to the Chevy dealer and spoke to Chevy corporate. They concluded it was bird poop that caused the paint chips but refused to fix the problem, informing us it will cost $500 to fix. Our actual 25 MPG is also very disappointing and not what we expected. In the year we've had the car, there have been 2 recalls on safety issues. If I had known about these issues, I would not have purchased the car and I warn others to be careful. It's extremely disappointing that Chevy won't stand behind the quality of its cars. Will never purchase another Chevy.

REALLY Nice but needs some tweaking
By debs13cruzin on 10/24/13 15:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My first car in MY name, and American made YAY ! ( sorta) I am becoming less fond of new cars with so much dependence on computer systems. At this moment, my car is in the dealership having the radio or at the very least, the control panel and fancy little display screen replaced. Often when stopped at red light, radio goes off and lights on panels go off and on. Hopefully this will be my only problem. Other than that I really like my car, it handles wonderfully on the highway, takes curves really nice.

Nice car
By bubblegum1 on 09/28/13 02:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the 2013 Cruze LT for month now, have driven over 2,000 mi. Some things that I have to nitpic are. The seats are hard and uncomfortable. I get lower back pain. I have tried all kinds of adjustments to no avail. I had to add a cushion to help in comfort. I have a problem that service can not find cause. The dash lights and 7" screen will go out for about 30 to 40 seconds and then come back on. It does this once in awhile. The door locks are on the console and not door which is weird. No inside trunk release, cup holders seem to low and very hard to find in the dark due to no lighting in that area. Armrest is to short. Back seating is a joke. Other than that car runs well.

Unsure right now If I like it or NOT
By mommy_dearest3 on 09/19/13 07:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my 2013 Cruze in Oct 2013. No problems until yesterday - engine light came on, it's still in the shop so I can't comment on that now. Reasonable performance for an economy car, I have the convenience package, which has a car starter, bluetooth and backup sensors, which are indeed convenient. It idles rough at times, one back seat pocket-not good Throttle response is terrible. Merging out on a highway can be challenging, doesn't have good punch at all.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By cpson on 08/23/13 16:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Numerous problems as others have mentioned. Hesitant, jerky transmission that never shifts when you need it, like merging, lane changing, or accelerating after a turn. Transmission bucks while cruising at constant speeds. Car occasionally lurches forward, or hops with the brake pedal fully pressed. Steering wheel is off-center and car pulls to one side. Thinly padded seats offer no thigh or back support. Rear seats are even more uncomfortable and very cramped. MyLink randomly restarts and drops Bluetooth connections frequently, and radio reception is spotty. Sub-par 25 MPG in city driving. Steering wheel obstructs view of gauges. Bad blind spots. This will be my last GM vehicle.

Surprisingly good car
By david331 on 08/22/13 14:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving for a long time and have never bought a car from an American company until now. The Cruze is more solidly built than our previous Hondas and Toyotas, and I recently got 45 mpg driving from Georgia to Virginia.

My 2013 Cruze 1LT RS
By bowtiers on 08/02/13 11:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the car about 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I am a big gear head and based aspects other than price and reliability. The cruze ranks among the best when it comes to handling and the feel of the drive. Only the focus and mazda3 rank higher. I chose the cruze due to is executive good looks, upscale interior, german like build quality, and peppy turbo engine.

A Compact Car That Wants To Be More
By spud90 on 06/28/13 09:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted to downsize to a car that could let me cope with $4.00+ per gallon gas, yet could take me on extended trips in comfort. The Cruze has so far fit my requirements. I have been reading reviews from car magazines and web sites that complain of shift points on the automatic and the overall lack of power. I disagree. I find that the automatic shifts/downshifts as it should and am beginning to believe that the 1.4L turbo horsepower numbers are under-reported by GM. This engine loves to race to the redline, and I have never been concerned when merging into freeway trafic. The suspension is on the taught side, but handling is great.

Good looks, bad performance
By jmouxemt89 on 06/02/13 04:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the same issues, car lunges forward, motor shakes badly, My Link radio system freezes, sometimes tranny wont shift properly, Now my car wont come out of or go into park like it did, it took me 15 minutes to put it into park at work. I have only 860 miles on it.... still smells new, so upsetting, not what you want from a new car, I bought a new car so i didnt have to deal with used car problems..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$160 per month*