2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
VALVE cap replaced in 2014
Purge Valve replaced 2015
Car turned off randomly when at a stop
Computer panel shut off without warning
When idle, car jerks
Most recently, car smells like gas inside when car is on and at a stop
2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
OK the car in my opinion is over priced and these are the reasons why.
1. the dashboard, well I don't even know what that is other than plastic. This makes it very easy to wipe down. I mean a damp cloth with a little light weight cleaner (I use organic cleaners) and wham it looks new again. Problem I can't see that dashboard lasting and would be really surprised if it did. I keep my windows and the car covered to protect it so maybe this will help.
2. I have had to have rusting bolts replaced (MY car is 2 years old, 2013. With 28K miles on it. I bought it with 68 miles). In addition, the paint job wasn't all that great and after getting home with my car I noticed foggy areas on the paint. They fixed that for me right away but still I was left without my car for 3 days.
3. The paint is some type of silicon? Therefore press your nail in it and it leaves the impression. That is so not cool. Think about it.
4. The seats could use much improvement. I bought pads for them because they are sunken and not padded well as on many imports. My car was 18 years old so it took me a few weeks to notice this. I wish I had noticed before that. lol
5. The molding around my car which is the only metal I think it has after 2 years was discolouring and spotting. It got blamed on the rain. Really? Serioulsy? You think the rain did that but didn't touch the paint? I don't think so. Either way it had to be replaced. It really looked like a car that was 20 years old and I'd had it for 2 years! Not cool. Not cool at all. Really bent me.
6. The seat covers, cloth on the seats, they do not hold up well. They do not clean well. Get covers if you buy this car. I already had to have one of the seats replaced. This was done a little over 1 year of owning the car. At that time there was another lady having the same thing done and she had had her car about the same length of time.
7. Due to the material they used for the interior it will show every mark. I mean if you vacuum and the vacuum drags across the "plastic" around the door near the dashboard or even where the gears for park etc are. It will leave a scratch. I also had that area replaced due to the scratching much to my vain due to they scratched [non-permissible content removed] out of it while replacing it and the old piece had less markings. :()
8. Lastly the key has buttons for opening the door and starting the car. Somehow for me it is super easy to hit and not notice I opened the trunk.
Now please understand I'm good to my cars. They laugh at me at the dealership and tell me my car is spotless. I laugh because I'm bringing it in for a detail when they tell me this. My Toyota was a 93 and I bought it with 2000 miles. Not one spot on my car. No one believed me when I told them it was 20 years old. They thought it was a 2003 or so. :) I take very good care of my belongings inside and out. The bumpers were still jet black! No cracks, no marks on the inside! No tears in the seats nothing.
What I do like about the car.
1. It is new and drives very smooth. The turbo has great pickup. Though a slight delay which is common in a turbo it can move when needed.
2. On a scale 1 to 10 the interior sound is about at an 8. With the radio on a 9. I don't listen to my music loud so it's not a drowning out reason.
3. Love the layout of the buttons and accessories. Love how you can see the air pressure in the tires etc. Love all of that stuff. Love the extra pocket on the passenger side and both of the doors big pockets for stuff. The extra storage on the dashboard and I love the adjustable seat belts.
4. My car came tinted and due to the tint, within legal tinting, and the slant of the front windshield I no longer need sunglasses. Living in FL and in 2 years not one time did I need them. So much better for your eyes. Love it!
5. The trunk is big! Much bigger and much more room than I initially thought. I can really pack it! And the seats lay down.
6. I can actually start my car from inside. That is just so amazing and awesome to me.
7. It's a new car so it is to be excepted but it drives really smooth and handles the road well. No issues with sudden idiot drivers next to me or in the rain.
8. The radio and all works great but I'm not into the On star at 226 a year. Sorry but that is a bit pricey and then you have to pay for the satellite radio. Maybe if it were all in one at 200 but never the less I had a taste of onstar and well emergency services left me laughing [non-permissible content removed] it was so embarrassing to use them. They simply tell the operator at 911 what you are saying. I mean really? And then when I said the car in front of me is on fire they said..."Is there smoke?" I nearly died. Thank God animal control came by and had a fire extinguisher on hand. No kidding.
9. They have many usb ports in which I have never used a one.
Overall I really like the car. Really I do. I get very good gas mileage and I enjoy driving it. If it weren't for GM's cheap parts...
2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I've got just shy of 90,000 miles on this car at this time. It has been absolutely trouble free. Just replaced original Goodyear tires just last week. Two recalls, minor issues, both taken care of while the dealership replaced the tires. (BTW, dealership beat Discount Tire by $100 for equivalent tires.) I'm averaging 37 miles per gallon. Yes, I said averaging. Brakes still good, no shudder or fade. Engine still runs great. I replace the oil regularly using only Mobile One. I especially recommend using high quality oil with any turbo-charged vehicle because turbos tend to keep spinning once you stop the car. Shut the car off too quickly and you shut the oil flow to the turbo off. I let it sit for a minute before shutting off. Good advice for any turbo engine if you want the turbo to last. MyLink infotainment system is great although a little slow on screen response. Overall, this is by far the best car I've ever owned, and being almost sixty years old I've owned quite a lot of cars. I highly recommend this car.
2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I understand there's a recall on the airbags I've called GM numerous times and they WILL NOT give me any satisfaction as to why my car is not part of the recall. I know they check the vin # but they must have a list somewhere as to where the cars were manufactured, the date, etc.. How do they know which one to recall? They are giving me the run around and I guess I have no other choice but to sell it. Can anyone enlighten me?
2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I love my Cruze. It's dependable, quick, and comfy. My older daily driver has a V8, so this little thing takes some getting use to, but all that goes away when you fill up the gas tank.
I haven't really had any problems with my car. There was one problem before I even drove it off the lot when I bought it. It was something with the Turbo Charger. You could tell it had zero power and it just didn't have any get up and go. But the dealer gave me a loaner, and delivered me my new car after it was fixed. The only other repair has been a recall, which was the water pump.
Ever so often there is a little bit of a shutter when I turn off the key. My older car (86 T/A) does the same thing.
I'm a small girl, so the car is perfectly fit for me. I can see out of it very comfortably with very few blind spots.
Needs a better clear coat.
I wish the tilt wheel were an actual "tilt wheel". It barely moves! But I'm use to a much older car where I can put the steering wheel way low.