Used 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Need Reassurance
By newchevydriver

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I understand there's a recall on the airbags I've called GM numerous times and they WILL NOT give me any satisfaction as to why my car is not part of the recall. I know they check the vin # but they must have a list somewhere as to where the cars were manufactured, the date, etc.. How do they know which one to recall? They are giving me the run around and I guess I have no other choice but to sell it. Can anyone enlighten me?

Great Little Car
By ecflagcorp

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Cruze. It's dependable, quick, and comfy. My older daily driver has a V8, so this little thing takes some getting use to, but all that goes away when you fill up the gas tank. I haven't really had any problems with my car. There was one problem before I even drove it off the lot when I bought it. It was something with the Turbo Charger. You could tell it had zero power and it just didn't have any get up and go. But the dealer gave me a loaner, and delivered me my new car after it was fixed. The only other repair has been a recall, which was the water pump. Ever so often there is a little bit of a shutter when I turn off the key. My older car (86 T/A) does the same thing.

Favorite Features

I'm a small girl, so the car is perfectly fit for me. I can see out of it very comfortably with very few blind spots.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better clear coat. I wish the tilt wheel were an actual "tilt wheel". It barely moves! But I'm use to a much older car where I can put the steering wheel way low.

Will NEVER buy another one
By paulson1011

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car was nothing but problems from day 1. I had the car for a total of 1 1/2 years before a dear ran out and wrote it off (Thank God) Its been in the shop for hail damage which isnt chevys fault. Then 2 months after getting the car I brought it in for an oil change and they said my engine seal was leaking so i brought it into the dealership and they fixed it. Not even 6 months later I was told it was leaking again. Then I drove to a store and the car was running perfect, I came out and started the car and it was fine, as soon as I put it in drive every light on the dash came on and it wouldnt move. I had it towed and the driver said that a previous thunder storm fried my computer. Wow..

Favorite Features

The Interior was nice and useful

Suggested Improvements

Learn to make a car that will not break down within the first year and that I dont have to worry about every time it rains..

Great all-around car
By nathanto

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

our organisation purchased 5 Chevy cruzes at the beginning of 2013. I personally drove 3 of them for extended periods of time. In the first year of owning these cars, we put roughly 30,000 miles on them. We never had any serious problems with the vehicles. There was only one time that a light came on in one of the turbo diesel cruzes and it was just the self-clean feature for the engine. If that ever happens, just let the car run for about 30 minutes at 2000 RPMs.

Favorite Features

The car looks great and handles great. The media options are great as well. the USB works great and displays all your iPod's data on the screen. Its comfortable as well. At times, I traveled with 4 other passengers for extended periods of time. They all sat comfortably. Love these cars. The average age of our drivers was 18-21. We never had any problems with the cars.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage in town is definitely not what was advertised. On the high way was alright, but inner city ate up my gas way too fast. All of our drivers said that same thing about their cruzes as well. other than that, the cruze is an all-around great vehicle. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if the need ever arose.

Best small car yet
By blomidon2013

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I have been driving cars for 45+ years. Until 2013, we had not bought a Chev for well over 25 years. Before buying a Cruze, we had an Elantra, a Focus, a Volks Golf, and a Dodge Caravan (to name the last 4). We test drove the Elantra, the Focus, Mazda and Toyota, and decided on the Cruze 6 speed standard. We have not been disappointed 10 months later, and have put approx. 20,000 miles on the car to date, with no problem to date.

Favorite Features

The best features, imho, is the 6 speed standard shift, if you like "real" driving, which we love. This car has amazing handling, and is remarkably quiet, which was not the case with the Elantra. Mileage is never as advertised; however, we are getting approx 32 mpg on the highway. My one complaint iswhere the wipers are placed, which I suspect was for aerodynamic purposes. They lie down beneath the hood, which cuts out wind noise; however, living on the east coast, with the horrible ice and snow this winter, I found clearing out the snow covering the wipers to be a hassle. Florida folk...you have no problem!

Suggested Improvements

Wipers (noted) Door lock buttons not conveniently located