Used 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Love my Cruze!
By Latrisha Miller

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I absolutely love my Cruze. It handled beyond my expectations this past winter.

Transmission issue & More
By Brittany Vallejo

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car brand new in May 2013. Within a couple of months I was experiencing the car lunging forward while at a stop, loss of power, and loss of acceleration. MPG has also been significantly impacted. I was originally getting 36-42 mpg highway, and now get 28-30mpg. I took the car in several times and had ALL recalls performed on the vehicle, including the transmission part. "Fixing" the transmission made it worse, to the point where when driving it would feel as if we were constantly being rear-ended, hard. Final in Oct/Nov 2015 ( I can't recall now), GM agreed to totally replace the transmission with a new one (not used). Guess what, this didn't solve the issue and I'm to the point where I physically can no longer drive the car due to the pain caused by the constant surging and jerking the car makes. Getting rid of the car is not an option since the Cruze has flooded the resale market (thanks to Cruze's being rental cars), as my car is approx. $5-6k under water. I contacted Chevrolet directly to resolve the matter and they advised me that they are unable to help, and to work directly with the Dealership. The Dealership can't fix it, so now I'm stuck paying for a car that can't be driven.

Reliable until I was in an accident
By Michael

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

You get what you pay for. I purchased it used from the dealer. It had a few minor recalls that were easily fixed. Price was nice but there are better cars at the same price point. It was good until someone rear ended me and now the car is a right off. The air bags never went off though! I wouldn't buy it again but I was happy with it for what it was. A cheaper reliable car for getting around town that got good gas mileage.

Pros
Visibility was good and the back up camera was great .
Driving was comfortable.
Satellite road was great
Controls were easily accessible
Gas mileage was great
Trunk space was fine
Usb charger in front console was nice
Pockets on doors was nice
Headlights were bright
Remote start
Seats easily cleaned, I had a Montana that would stain with water stains every time it rained or got snow on them
A jeep Laredo hit me, hardly any damage done to it !

Cons
Extremely under powered from a stand still
Passenger leg room was small due to the glovebox
Cloth material on the dash looks nice but not sure the longevity of it
Passenger foot room was small because of the depth of the glove box.
Window defrost is only in the enter of the dash and it would take forever to defrost.(I live in Canada)
Cup holders placement was awkward
No interior trunk release, have to turn off car to use trunk release
No leg room in the back seats. (Remember it's a small car)
Car jerks at times when stopped, don't know why
Smell was coming from engine compartment when I first bought it, smelt like burning anti freeze, has since stopped
Cheap plastic on exterior trim would fade
Arm rest was extremely small, needs to be longer
Great care for someone under 5'7, not for tall or bigger people
Dash plastic had a nice style but looked and felt cheap

30K in the best car I've owned
By Steve

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Best features: fuel mileage, driver comfort, low interior noise, emergency handling, smooth handling of recalls and no surprise repairs.
Worst: As delivered, trunk provides no way to restrain its cargo; difficulty gauging how close I am to objects behind me.

The rating and the meager "worsts" tell the story. My "suburban" (i.e., a mixture of highway and stop-light ruled streets) gas mileage ranges from 30-33, highway mileage at 68-70 mph on cruise control often touches high 30s. The six-speed manual, combined with the turbocharger, takes some learning to get shift points right for performance and mileage. If I shift at around 2200 rpm and hit 6th by 40 mph, my mileage is excellent. The combination of the electric steering (which I learned to like in my 2003 Saturn Ion) and the suspension have let me react very quickly (e.g., when someone decided she liked my lane without asking) with no drama. My wife likes to drive, especially on long trips, and, except for the shifting in stop-and-go, has found her comfortable seating position and mirror settings and puts in hundreds of miles at a clip.

The Value rating is my best way of describing my experience so far. At 2 3/4 years, I genuinely enjoy driving this car.

MAIN FUEL LINE LEAKING
By robin arrants

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have not had any problems with my 2013 Cruze untill I noticed a gas ordor. Thinking I had stepped in gas at the pump I over looked it. Untill I got out of my car the next day and still smelled the odor of gas. Upon looking under the hood I saw the problem, my main fuel line had a leak. Well know that I could no longer drive the car I called GM about the warranty. Did I mention that this just happened on a Saturday afternoon in my yard.
I called GM on Monday morning and yes it was under warranty they would have road side assistance come get it. After being put on hold and then the customer service person told me that I would have to have a fire truck be there when they arrived and escort them to the dealership. Mind you I live in a rural area that would require a fir truck from the county I live in then another one for the county it was going in. Yes there would be a cost involved. They laughed when I told them what I was told. So I them took matters into my own hands. I called a local wrecker company he said that he would get it on a roll back and charge me $75.00. So I called the local dealership to make sure that they would not have a problem with that. Did not want to void the warranty in any way. They told me it would be ok as long as I knew the libalities involved. My car was delivered on Monday they part was ordered and I picked up my car on Friday afternoon. The dealership was great had nor problem. But I am out of $75.00 and I do not want to go through the hassle of trying to get my monry back.