Used 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Review at 90K Miles
By Paul

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've got just shy of 90,000 miles on this car at this time. It has been absolutely trouble free. Just replaced original Goodyear tires just last week. Two recalls, minor issues, both taken care of while the dealership replaced the tires. (BTW, dealership beat Discount Tire by $100 for equivalent tires.) I'm averaging 37 miles per gallon. Yes, I said averaging. Brakes still good, no shudder or fade. Engine still runs great. I replace the oil regularly using only Mobile One. I especially recommend using high quality oil with any turbo-charged vehicle because turbos tend to keep spinning once you stop the car. Shut the car off too quickly and you shut the oil flow to the turbo off. I let it sit for a minute before shutting off. Good advice for any turbo engine if you want the turbo to last. MyLink infotainment system is great although a little slow on screen response. Overall, this is by far the best car I've ever owned, and being almost sixty years old I've owned quite a lot of cars. I highly recommend this car.

Need Reassurance
By newchevydriver

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I understand there's a recall on the airbags I've called GM numerous times and they WILL NOT give me any satisfaction as to why my car is not part of the recall. I know they check the vin # but they must have a list somewhere as to where the cars were manufactured, the date, etc.. How do they know which one to recall? They are giving me the run around and I guess I have no other choice but to sell it. Can anyone enlighten me?

Great Little Car
By ecflagcorp

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Cruze. It's dependable, quick, and comfy. My older daily driver has a V8, so this little thing takes some getting use to, but all that goes away when you fill up the gas tank. I haven't really had any problems with my car. There was one problem before I even drove it off the lot when I bought it. It was something with the Turbo Charger. You could tell it had zero power and it just didn't have any get up and go. But the dealer gave me a loaner, and delivered me my new car after it was fixed. The only other repair has been a recall, which was the water pump. Ever so often there is a little bit of a shutter when I turn off the key. My older car (86 T/A) does the same thing.

I'm a small girl, so the car is perfectly fit for me. I can see out of it very comfortably with very few blind spots.

Needs a better clear coat. I wish the tilt wheel were an actual "tilt wheel". It barely moves! But I'm use to a much older car where I can put the steering wheel way low.

Will NEVER buy another one
By paulson1011

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car was nothing but problems from day 1. I had the car for a total of 1 1/2 years before a dear ran out and wrote it off (Thank God) Its been in the shop for hail damage which isnt chevys fault. Then 2 months after getting the car I brought it in for an oil change and they said my engine seal was leaking so i brought it into the dealership and they fixed it. Not even 6 months later I was told it was leaking again. Then I drove to a store and the car was running perfect, I came out and started the car and it was fine, as soon as I put it in drive every light on the dash came on and it wouldnt move. I had it towed and the driver said that a previous thunder storm fried my computer. Wow..

The Interior was nice and useful

Learn to make a car that will not break down within the first year and that I dont have to worry about every time it rains..

Chevrfolet Cruze is not worth its weight in salt -
By surfnmore

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my chevrolet cruze in hopes of obtaining a reliable vehicle. 1 year later at around 34k miles I started having problems. It stalled. I brought it to the dearlship. They couldnt figure it out and had to use a diagnostic tree since the computer wasnt operating properly. They then replaced the mass air flow sensor, billed me $300 and the vehicle is still there until corporate call them

None really.

Move the antennea. Make the car roomier. Give it better suspension. The ride is as ridgid as a motorcycle with no shocks.