2013 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Great all-around car
By nathanto on 04/10/14 10:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

our organisation purchased 5 Chevy cruzes at the beginning of 2013. I personally drove 3 of them for extended periods of time. In the first year of owning these cars, we put roughly 30,000 miles on them. We never had any serious problems with the vehicles. There was only one time that a light came on in one of the turbo diesel cruzes and it was just the self-clean feature for the engine. If that ever happens, just let the car run for about 30 minutes at 2000 RPMs.

Best small car yet
By blomidon2013 on 04/07/14 17:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and I have been driving cars for 45+ years. Until 2013, we had not bought a Chev for well over 25 years. Before buying a Cruze, we had an Elantra, a Focus, a Volks Golf, and a Dodge Caravan (to name the last 4). We test drove the Elantra, the Focus, Mazda and Toyota, and decided on the Cruze 6 speed standard. We have not been disappointed 10 months later, and have put approx. 20,000 miles on the car to date, with no problem to date.

First time chevy owner
By amw17 on 03/26/14 20:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall, the Cruze is a awesome commuter vehicle. I wish it had a little more torque on the freeway but I guess I can't expect much with a 4 cylinder vehicle. Minor issues with rear brake noise. Sun-visor coming apart where mirror folds. Satisfied with performance and look of vehicle.

Smell
By ehib83 on 03/04/14 08:30 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Everything has been great about the car, until I got the first oil change. After the oil change and my 20min drive home, there was an awful smell coming into the car from the heat vents. I thought they spilled oil on something. It went away and then came back about a week later. Took it in to have them look at it and they found nothing. Now the smell is back again and I am having them keep it over night and figure out what the smell is. It no longer is as strong, but there is a faint smell of chemical coming in, and I don't need my kids or myself smelling this when the winter is so cold.

Amazing Cruze
By joe527 on 02/24/14 10:00 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned the 2013 Cruze LT for 6 months, no issues. I love it, so does my wife. It should be better if the CHevrolet can increase the interior space and the armrest.

LEMON
By jeni740 on 02/04/14 16:10 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My car is a 2013 chevy cruze lt. I bought it 8/14/13 and it has been in the shop 7 times since I bought it. I had a water leak on the drivers side, the heater makes a weird grinding noise and the transmission surges, it also make a weird scraping noise when I put my foot on the gas. I finally had enough and called GM my car has 3,000 miles on it and has spent more time at the shop than my driveway. It has now been 8 days since I have had my car they have me in a rental until the paperwork is finalized on my new 2014 replacement cruze. I am so glad that they pulled me from my car it has cost me time from work and so frustrating.....

My Luck
By cd1993 on 01/23/14 07:03 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't know if i got a bad one but bought my Chevy Cruze in May 2013 a month later had to have a new bumper put on noticed the other one popped apart from the frame, speaker had to be replaced, car started leaking under the dash onto the carpet when it would rain had to have a header put on, break light in rear window is very dirty and claim this is normal, rear bow tie popped off at the top had to be replaced and yes when i come to a stop my car jerks too. I don't like that the windshield wiper dispenser won't work when it is very cold outside but i guess that is expected. No light in the glove compartment. And sometimes there is a odor when you have the heat on.

Not what I expected after all the good reviews, its a LEMON
By 1honeybadger on 01/03/14 09:04 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I wish someone would have warned me about this car! I have completely babied this car never really drove it that hard, accelerate slowly, decelerate slowly. First you have to know the MPG is completely false! DO NOT believe anything you hear. When I do the real MPG test and don't go by the computer, the computer tells me i get 30-40 MPG but when I gas up, record my mileage, and then gas up again and divide the gallons into the mileage gone I ONLY get 24-25MPG and that is highway miles!! There is not really a clear coat on the car so the paint chips VERY easily. Expect the body to be chipped and badly worn down by 50-100k miles...

Great value
By kj83 on 12/29/13 09:49 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Cruze is a nice, solid car for a great price. I like the exterior styling, and also the simplicity and layout of the interior. The driver has excellent visibility. The key selling feature for me was the top safety ratings, as my daughters would be spending a lot of time driving this car too. The car (1LT, 1.4Turbo) handles competently, and the engine has surprising strength given the fantastic gas mileage. We've had it for 4 months & 4K miles, and so far no issues. The transmission and controls all work perfectly. I was initially looking for a good used car, and also looked at new Civics & Corollas, but I liked the Cruze the best and am happy to buy an American brand.

Transmission should be recalled
By klderme on 11/11/13 07:08 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

The Chevy Cruze is a disaster. Do not buy this car. It had been recalled twice, but not recalled for known faulty transmission. The car surges and jerks. My 2 year old car needed a NEW transient, but to top it off, I have been back three times Ina week, because the new one isn't installed correctly. Stick with Honda or Nissan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$163 per month*