What a Pleasant Surprise
By surprisedbygm on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
First American car we have purchased in 15 years. We were attracted to the mileage, the look, the solid handling, the interior and the electronics. On a 50 mile daily commute driving under 45 mph, my wife averages 31 mpg. On a 5 hour freeway round trip we got 41 mpg while spending 45 minutes stop and go (based on actual gas used). Cruze has the smoothest power steering I've ever driven. Having driven Toyota, Honda and Mazda for years, I scoffed at the idea of visiting a GM dealership. We were really surprised at the quality. Ford Focus was our second choice. What a pleasure buying from an "old fashioned" American car dealer.
Favorite Features
We are impressed with OnStar and didn't realize it is an excellent Nav System (no map, but visual and audio directions, including a search ability with a human on the end of the line). The Bluetooth works great also and its nice having the backup warning system. Cruze offers all the electronics we wanted, and they work!
Suggested Improvements
The seats are well formed and hug nicely, but they could use a little more cushion.
By lmuenzer
on 12/24/11 18:47 PM (PST)

I have been compairing mine since I bought it 2 months ago. I was skeptical myself. It is right on the money. Lovin' the great gas mileage. The 1.4 liter turbo sure knows how to sip that gas without loosing any power.

By drvette
on 11/13/11 07:58 AM (PST)

I ask all Cruze owners to compare the computer MPG to odometer vs gallons MPG results. Several Cruze owners claim optimistic onboard Computer MPG ! IF GM has rigged the onboard computer to overestimate the MPG figures and the CAFE ratings are not "real-world" then we need to raise the BS flag and force GM to reduce the advertised CAFE ratings. Most Sincerely DrVette

By block_edmunds
on 12/29/11 21:06 PM (PST)

Too funny - the guy above thinks the CAFE rating is based on the computer MPG readout, which is an estimate.

By drvette
on 11/13/11 07:58 AM (PST)