supersport2
By supersport2 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Bought this on 8-28-11 Took a day trip for a wedding 254 miles round trip. Got 43 mpg. have been averaging 36 plus and it is getting better. Last week I got 40.1 mpg. Did more in town driving this week, looking forward to see what it ends up. Car is fun to drive handles great. Only thing it is an ECO with an automatic. My car computer did say that I had used 11.8 gallons and that my mpg. was 43.5. It took 13.8 gallons to fill up and my gas guage was a little above empty, and when I figured my mileage it figured only 36.6 mpg. Computer is way off. Have not been back to the dealer yet. I hope they can re-calibrate it.
Favorite Features
It's handling is very good through curves, rides very well and quite for a compact.
Suggested Improvements
Could use more insulation. I can tell a big differance when getting in the car on a very hot day vs the Buick LeSabre and the GMC Terrain that I use to own. Plus it would help for a quieter ride which isn't too bad.
By h8uall
on 11/17/11 08:03 AM (PST)

You are reviewing an automatic but chose manual for your review...

By block_edmunds
on 04/14/12 18:36 PM (PDT)

Almost every reviews says eco manual - is that the default or something? I have not seen a single eco on the rd and the dealer has only 1 eco out of 10 on his lot. I always wanted a cover under my car - but to block salt/rust, did not consider aerodynamics (I thought of it 10-20 years ago when gas was cheap, we STILL have rusty cars in CNY and WNY!).

By sh8
on 11/18/11 20:04 PM (PST)

if im not mistaken the eco cruze only has a 12.6 gallon tank. so im not sure how you got 13.8 gallons in you might want to check out the gas station.