Safe, Reliable, Efficient
By revjimmy on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
My '12 Cruze Eco is sneaking up on 30,000 miles, and I have no complaints. To date, I've driven it all over the South and Midwest; over its lifetime, it is averaging 33.4 MPG, and that's with a LOT of city driving. With one exception, I haven't had it in the shop once for service other than routine and recall work. That one exception was no fault of the car - an adult buck whitetail deer ran out in front of me while I was going 70 MPH, and even then, the car excelled - there was no frame damage, I was completely unhurt, and though it cost my insurance company a good chunk of change, the car was repairable to factory spec.
Favorite Features
I very much like being able to control the entertainment system and cruise control with my thumbs; the MyLink info center in front of the steering wheel is also highly useful. The car has outstanding acceleration and, except on the steepest of uphill grades, has no problem maintaining speed.
Suggested Improvements
The only issue I have is that sometimes the nav/entertainment system will either hang up or crash. It will usually automatically reboot; however, there have been a couple of occasions when I have actually had to turn off my car in order for the system to restart. However, it doesn't happen very often, and it's not an essential safety feature, so I'm not too terribly concerned.